Author Topic: Christmas wishes  (Read 22164 times)

Offline tHe_MaN

• MutantChronicles.net - French community MC website
Christmas wishes
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:23:35 AM »
Dear Excelsior crew,

That's it, one month left to the end of the year, and just to help you fill your time until Christmas here is a little reminder of what you still have to do to for the Warzone & Chronopia licences (based mainly on what you announced you would do in 2005 back in January):

1) Release Cerulean Mists. I know it's somewhere "in the art and layout phase", so that shouldn't be much of a problem to get it printed and shipped to put under all Chronopia fans Christmas tree. And of course, it would prove that it is a bit realer than Duke Nukem Forever ;o)

2) Transform all the green to which there where allusions this year into real lead minis, and put them on sale on the website. And make them ship before Christmas. That's the way the money comes in!

3) Give at least a valuable newspiece a day until Christmas, to compensate for the lack of regular communication all along the year. For example, photos of upcoming minis, actual mini release, shots of the pre-production CM prints (just to prove it does exist), updates on Mars: World at War, and so on.

4) Release the novels you hinted about. Yes, there's at least one person in the world remembering this ;o)

5) Talk about Sea of Swords and Argosy. Give concrete info about them, for example if they are really being worked on or just "another great idea thrown about".

6) Think of the players who do not live in the Philly area. Or in the US for that matter. Those who are not able to stop at the shop, find an EE retailer in their area or phone affordably to EE's office. Which takes you back to point 3 ;o)

7) Release a company info page on the website. You promised to be more transparent about EE's internal functionning; today we have a Anubis31 posting on the forum without hint of what his task is, and we think Thom might still be alive, and the office are in the factory, so that's a 1.5 person company working in a disaffected industrial area of Philadelphia.

8 ) This is a lesser point, and could be postponed to January 2006: give us an update on the Mutant Chronicles brand state. We now know about the film, are you involved into it? If not, did at least Paradox told you about it before inking the deal? Do you know of any other plan from Paradox about it?

If you stick to these points by the end of the year (2005, that is ;o), I'm sure you'll restore confidence in EE.
And I promise I'll stop buying GW miniatures (a bad habit I took this year after having no EE products to spend money on ;o).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 01:10:18 AM by tHe_MaN »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Christmas wishes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 05:58:18 AM »
Dear Excelsior Crew

Since we are bantering about our Christmas Lists for you to fullfill I want to add mine.

1)  Do the best you can to continue and/or improve in the areas you feel need to be addressed.

2)  Have a Merry Christmas.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
poor habits
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 06:03:08 AM »
I've edited my post...I think I should spend some more hours on calming down...

I've read this post early today in the morning. Instead of writing immediately I stayed away from it for a few hours to calm down...it seems I wasn't successfull!  ;)

just my two cents...

Anomander Rake
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 06:05:59 AM by Anomander_Rake »
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:25:19 AM »
Dear Excelsior Crew

Since we are bantering about our Christmas Lists for you to fullfill I want to add mine.

1)  Do the best you can to continue and/or improve in the areas you feel need to be addressed.

2)  Have a Merry Christmas.

I second these two, man.  Can't wait for the Mars book, I'm glad to hear through the grapevine that it's close to being printed and shipped. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Catinator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 07:47:37 AM »
Greetings,

For 1) -  Well, I`m anxsious about new releases too, but I prefer quality over a rushed product.

For 2)  Xmas makes people more willing to part with hard-earned money...  ;)

Communication is still a hard issue. I hope as soon as Excelsior gets everything (after the move) back to normal we might see some regular updates. The "green gallery" would be a great addition.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 08:20:48 AM »
All heard and We will do our best to complete the list. Green Gallery is a wonderful Idea and Will take a day or so to get up once its started. As to updates on the site in the news section. As many of you know we spent the last month (Nov)/end of oct. Moving our office space and consolidating dead space. That is pretty much done .... just a little cleaning here and there. Production is back up full swing.

Will work on getting answers to all of the_man's Christmans list wishes.

Jon

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 06:12:14 PM »
I'd like a resin update-where is the armorcast stuff like the Vermin and the DL APC?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline TwoGunBob

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 07:19:32 PM »
My wish list? For people to actually enter the patrol contest. I'm starting to feel like a fool for even posting an entry.

Other than that?

Everyone have an absolutely safe holiday as it comes upon us and love each other really and truly. And that is asking for more than anything these days it seems.
Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 07:23:30 PM »
Vermin is not an armor cast model. Currently in final stage of approvial just working on what will be the most economical way to produce it so its affordable.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:53 PM »
My wish list? For people to actually enter the patrol contest. I'm starting to feel like a fool for even posting an entry.

believe me...I wanted to get into that, but since I don't have any web space...and don't have the time at the moment to dedicate to a regular schedule like that (2 small children, retail job, etc...), I just couldn't get it done this time...

maybe on the next one...

give me an excuse for a 3rd full army...

hmmmm....

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 01:07:47 AM »

I am sorry. Life has conspired a bit to prevent me from working on my Inheritors like I intended to do.

/Andreas

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 05:12:39 AM »
Vermin is not an armor cast model. Currently in final stage of approvial just working on what will be the most economical way to produce it so its affordable.

Perfect!  Now all my Christmas dreams have come true!  And I thought all I had to look forward to was guard duty!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 08:13:36 AM »
Don't forget that 5 star Marine Cuisine. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 05:44:09 AM »
Actually it's contracted out so it's not so bad.  First war I've ever been in that I've gotten ice cream!

Sometimes they only have two flavors.

War his hell.

Now I know how the Air Force lives.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 05:49:45 AM »
hehehe  ;D

My only experience of GI grub is some MREs from when I was a Boy Scout. As far as prepackaged food went, they weren't too bad.