Author Topic: Which Dark Legion Big Ugly  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Jase

Which Dark Legion Big Ugly
« on: September 29, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »
Based on looks, rules, painting, basing, tactical flexibility, usage, etc, which of the Dark Legion's GUM (giant ugly monsters) do you like best? I'm leaning towards the Maculator for:

- RC 11, and regen, with respectable stats for 148 pnts in the current edition;
- the superpowers the creature had in Warzone 1st ed;
- the painting by Paul Bonner in one of the early Warzone books;
- it was one of the first GUMs Target had sculpted;

Aesthetically, the resin Maculator is more pleasing and menacing - the metal one looks like a radioactive baboon.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline pinksuezo

Re: Which Dark Legion Big Ugly
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 10:04:21 PM »
merc mac cus of regen. plus theres that classic painting of the merc mac fighting the dragon bike, which was my reintroduction to wz after losing track of it as a kid. i didnt know what the maculator was but i thought it was badassed.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »
I liked the bio-giant for shear painting pleasure.  The stalker comes in a close second.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:17:25 AM »
After years of avoiding the "Big Fuglies" I finally started including a Bio-giant. He looks like a gentle giant with great destructive power. I call him Lenny. To keep him docile I tell him about the rabbits and to get him fired up I tell him the enemy wants to hurt the puppies.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Iron Panda

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »
After years of avoiding the "Big Fuglies" I finally started including a Bio-giant. He looks like a gentle giant with great destructive power. I call him Lenny. To keep him docile I tell him about the rabbits and to get him fired up I tell him the enemy wants to hurt the puppies.

LOL!

Iron Panda

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
I prefer the resin maculator.  He looks like King Kong with a big mofo cannon.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 12:31:29 PM »
As far as game play I prefer the MM but as far as looks I like the PB best. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:15:44 PM »
On all accounts the Praetorian Behemoth is my favorite.  Mine PB is named George and he is now moving to live with Kwegibu who has purchased my Semai Army.  If anyone games with Kwegibu, I know you'll get to meet him in person!

I think the spikey look of the Behemoth combined with the gun and giant Azoghar can't be beat!  Plus he has those boots that are made for stompin'!  ;D

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »
My favorite is contagious colossus. I play Demonogonis only for him and for nepharite. A really big best and his aura is terrible against all troop type.

Offline Jase

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
There's a small b+w pic of a converted Behemoth to show as a Colosuss in the UWZ book - does anyone know who owned it, or if a bigger picture exists?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 01:25:36 AM »
I'd guess Thom.  I recognize some of it's parts (notablly the claws from one of the left hands) but it looks like a lot of hard work and putty went into making it.  Some of my deployment budget is going into buying another behemoth for conversion.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 05:14:09 AM »
The colossus on UWZ book is my conversion from a Pretorian Behemonth. I can doing a better photo.

Offline Jase

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 06:13:47 AM »
If you can Francesco, that would be great. Karma to you.

Jase

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 02:35:03 AM »
the MM

he is absolutely cool badass 4-armed guy!

"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."