Author Topic: Discussion Topic: Cybertronic: Heretics or Not?  (Read 15697 times)

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
Re: Discussion Topic: Cybertronic: Heretics or Not?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 08:35:45 PM »
Not.
2 Reasons:
1. Cybertronic has suffered losses at the hands of dark legion just as any other megacorp has.
2. No taint of the darkness has ever been discovered by a cybertronic employee.

Also, cyberware does interefere with the dark symmetry's (and the art as well).  Take a look at the BH's Resonators , and then consider what this would mean for cybertronic.

This adds up to meant that there are more heretics (including one confimed cardinal!) in the BH than there are in Cybertronic.

435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 09:23:27 PM »
absence of proof is not proof of absence!
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

firewolf

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »
When I was fiddling with the rpg I thought it would a great idea if the playing characters found information that tells the "true" story of Cybertronic.  That the corporation was partly founded by a rouge member of the brotherhood. This person discovered a way to use the art to stop the dark legion taint on electronics and the cardinal would not let this be allowed because he would lose some of his power on humanity. So this person joins with a few scientists he's been working with to create cybertronic.  Or, cybertronic is secretly controlled by the cardinal who will use the company to take over the other corporations eventually.

What do you think?

Firewolf

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 04:45:59 PM »

The guru has spoken, grasshopper!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »
When I was fiddling with the rpg I thought it would a great idea if the playing characters found information that tells the "true" story of Cybertronic.  That the corporation was partly founded by a rouge member of the brotherhood. This person discovered a way to use the art to stop the dark legion taint on electronics and the cardinal would not let this be allowed because he would lose some of his power on humanity. So this person joins with a few scientists he's been working with to create cybertronic.  Or, cybertronic is secretly controlled by the cardinal who will use the company to take over the other corporations eventually.

What do you think?

Firewolf

like it

a lot !!
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 10:03:07 AM »

Just because there is absence of proof, doesn't mean that there is either. Actually, the history of cybertronic is of the scientists (after the first crusade) wanting to recreate the level of technology before the fall. But of course they had two concerns, the BH and the DL. The BH because of its idealogy against thinking machines, and things that mimic man. The dark legion poses problems for the corp in two ways, bad PR (nobody wants a toaster that could be infiltrated by the DL  :)), and the fact that it gives the BH and Imperial an excuse to attack cybertronic.
I also think it is more than that, if cybertronic can defeat the DL without the help of the BH, the population at large might begin to question the BH mantra as humanity's savior.

But just think about the implications of the Ganamede ploy for a moment. What did cybertonic get out of it?
1st. It consumed vast amounts of Imperial resources that would have been devoted else where (namely the asteroid belt).
2nd. It puts a spotlight somewhere else, other than where it could be (their shipyards, and their other planet they have that is one of Jupiter's moons, I forget the name).
3rd. Puts Imperial out there with them against the DL.
4th. The BH by default is forced to have a presence outside the asteroid belt.

Cybertronic

Offline Catinator

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 03:37:34 AM »
As far as I`ve understood the background, they are heretics to some teachings of the Brotherhood, but fighting against the DL with other forces of humanity.

The Brotherhood just can`t take the lack of influence and the deviation what they see as the "true way".

So my vote goes for not heretics.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Pietia

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 04:46:19 AM »
DL forces also fight against other DL forces, so that may simply mean that the Apostle leading Cybertronic is way smarter than the others ;-)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 08:35:55 PM »

But just think about the implications of the Ganamede ploy for a moment. What did cybertonic get out of it?
1st. It consumed vast amounts of Imperial resources that would have been devoted else where (namely the asteroid belt).
2nd. It puts a spotlight somewhere else, other than where it could be (their shipyards, and their other planet they have that is one of Jupiter's moons, I forget the name).
3rd. Puts Imperial out there with them against the DL.
4th. The BH by default is forced to have a presence outside the asteroid belt.

But let's look at the Ganymede ploy from the Imperial point of view.

1.) It DID consume a vast amount of Imperial resources, but it then allowed Imperial to finally have a homeworld of it's own (Ganymede is the moon of Jupiter), while forcing Cybertronic out into the asteroid belt. 

Before, Cybertronic was on the point of the solar system against a major DL incursion from Nero.  Imperial, taking the moon of Ganymede, now is on that point, and as a fanatically loyal army that will fight to the last man.  With Cybertronic on that point, with so much AI on the field of battle, the Brotherhood were nervous, and rightfully so with the history of the DL and technology, that the armies of Cybertronic would either turn or be shut down by the Symmetry.

Now, as you said, the Brotherhood is out there at the edge of the system as well, patrolling the solar system against the DL.  This also places Cybertronic between Imperial, the Wolf Packs, and Capitol in case they are turned by the Symmetry.

In short, they may not be heretics, but they are surrounded by powerful forces that can overpower them very quickly if they fully commited.

B...
I think that made sense...(late...very sleepy)...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 10:04:42 AM »
[But let's look at the Ganymede ploy from the Imperial point of view.

1.) while forcing Cybertronic out into the asteroid belt. 

Now, as you said, the Brotherhood is out there at the edge of the system as well, patrolling the solar system against the DL.  This also places Cybertronic between Imperial, the Wolf Packs, and Capitol in case they are turned by the Symmetry.

In short, they may not be heretics, but they are surrounded by powerful forces that can overpower them very quickly if they fully commited.

Cybertronic wasn't forced into the asteroid belt, but was already there.  Also, the strategy of cybertronic  is to keep themselves alive by preventing such coordination between the BH, Imperial and the other Corps. In fact the cybers have good relations with all the corps except Imperial (especially some of the factions within each). Think of all the components that the cybers provide for them.  The BH is in a quandary because they really don't want to fight 1/5 of humanity. If they did, the DL could just sweep in and mop up the pieces.
Cybertronic

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 10:32:52 AM »
Cybertronic only has good relationships with both Mishima and Bauhaus, and one of neutrality with Capitol (if I remember the history correct, I may not).  But Brotherhood indoctrination in the major corporations has ensured that the fear of the DL corrupting technology is in the back of the minds of the general populace.  The only of the corps that has unilaterally rejected the Brotherhood declaration of technology corruption, besides Cybertronic, is Mishima, with the use of Meka suits and Phoenix Samurai.

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Plupp

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 03:21:02 AM »
Cant there be a poll for it?

however, the Cybertronic are not heretics nor pawns of the dark legion. The Attila units never fade away in the presence of the dark legion and the fact that HALF of the Doomtroopers are Cybertronic!

As a newbie in the Doomtroopers heard from one of his superior when asking about the quiete enormous trooper that sat in the corner and said nothing. Well, he is from cybertronic. They don“t say much and they don“t drink. But when hell breaks out you will love him.

Offline cS

• Journeyman
  • IMPERIAL Strikes back
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »
All Cybertronic citiziens should be rounded up for execution.
All men, all women, all children,
ehhhh all machines. 

;)

Offline Vile_Tuntematinen

• Journeyman
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 03:59:39 AM »
Jugdin' from what I've seen in WZ saga till now... EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE;)

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 09:34:17 AM »
Jugdin' from what I've seen in WZ saga till now... EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE;)

Yeah, maybe the Durand is the 6th apostle. The Apostle of Pride.
 :o

(oh the inquisition is going to come after for that one).
Cybertronic