Author Topic: Generic Imperial Sniper  (Read 22782 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Generic Imperial Sniper
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:42:38 PM »
I was wondering if there is any chance of a generic Imperial Sniper model in the future?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Generic Imperial Sniper
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:19:16 PM »
What do you need, Phil?  I can convert one up for you...you want pan hat? Beret?

You don't likr the Trencher Sniper?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:43:30 PM »
You don't likr the Trencher Sniper?

just because the Trencher sniper is actually carrying the old Destroyer LMG...nah

B.
like I've been saying...Imperial Support choice sniper...think about it...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 08:44:17 PM »
Just take a trencher sniper and paint him white with "sniper" on one shoulder pad and a barcode on the other.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 10:03:23 PM »
Nice... :D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 08:33:45 AM »
Dave i'd like to get 2 snipers made from the new blood beret models. I'am going to make a squad of Dunsim Hunters. And no I dont want to use the trencher sniper (destroyer LMG). I personally dont like that model as a sniper. Thanks Phil
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 08:37:58 AM »
Just take a trencher sniper and paint him white with "sniper" on one shoulder pad and a barcode on the other.

Well he would be cheaper then a normal sniper, since he's the "No Frills" Sniper.  (Maybe "No Frills" is just a Pathmark thing...)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 10:29:21 AM »
Dave i'd like to get 2 snipers made from the new blood beret models. I'am going to make a squad of Dunsim Hunters. And no I dont want to use the trencher sniper (destroyer LMG). I personally dont like that model as a sniper. Thanks Phil

I'll see what I can do...the Trencher does look like he's carrying the Destroyer, not the Assailant.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:34:06 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 09:01:12 PM »
If you can get your hands on an old style GW plastic lasgun and one of the scope bits then you have everything you need. Cut the weapon barrel down and then dremel a small hole. Then make a peg on the end of the old lasgun and assemble. then attach a scope and viola - instant sniper.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 01:46:06 AM »
I'll post pics of the WIP.  So far, it looks good.  The Assailant is very similar to the Invader - remove the grenade clip, under barrel, and the front iron sights, shorten the clip a little, and lengthen the rifle barrel then add a cool scope.  You'll have a Dunsim Hunter sniper with Assailant Sniper Rifle.

I am using one of the Blood Beret (new) troopers in hipshot stance.  That way, I don't need to worry about the stock as it is hidden under the models' right arm.

First pics tomorrow, I promise.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:48:00 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 05:41:06 AM »
Look forward to seeing them. Thanks Dave

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 08:32:50 AM »

for my Dunsirn snipers, I took the Blood Beret that has the gun p to his face in firing position, cut the tip of the barrell off, used a pin vise, and made an extended barrell with a craft nail that sticks out about 1/4" from the end of the gun.

this is just long enough to make it obvious from the rest of the squad.

B.
Blood Berets...the other multi-purpose unit

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 08:34:54 AM »
I'll see what I can do...the Trencher does look like he's carrying the Destroyer, not the Assailant.

he is...my Trencher sniper was still packaged from when I bought it in 1998...

the package said Imperial Trencher w/LMG...

B.
not that I'm complaining...the Assailant is much better than the Destroyer...

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 08:44:11 AM »
Why do the Imperial weapons just sound like they want to hurt something?  Invader, Assailant, Destroyer,  Jimmy Dean Pork-Sausage Repeater, Agressor, Mandible?  At least they have a good Marketing department.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 09:07:40 AM »
I wish Capitol had a sausage gun... :(
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba