Author Topic: Vehicle RAMING  (Read 12902 times)

Offline darkbaxter

Vehicle RAMING
« on: November 22, 2005, 05:19:03 PM »
I miss any rule about RAMING - was there any FAQ about it?

I would use it like in 2nd edition with a small change in AR (actually substracting 10).

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Vehicle RAMING
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:51:18 AM »
No ramming - yet.  It is not in the book, and all discussions concerning it have been that EE will be deealing with that in a supplement.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:03:43 PM »
Will the ramming rules include running down soldiers?  and iff so, would the vehicle have to stop after hitting the first guy?  I just like the idea of a souped up Hummer with spikes on the bumper running down squads of grunts. :p

"Hey you Mishima mofos, BEEP BEEP *thud splat*
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »
yeah was wondering about this also.

he he he ....mishima mofos..he he he.......
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 12:43:29 PM »
I think the chance of being run over by a truck/APC is a good reason to put your guys on Wait.   I guess a "dive for cover" would get you out of the way...
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline darkbaxter

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 01:24:01 PM »
I think the rule in 2nd edition wasn't bad... I really miss it... to run over a squad of zombies would be fun even for sobersided Brotherhood, hower the Death Angel would have needed some "minor" chnages (size 8, AR 25...)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 10:05:45 PM »
It's very Halo.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Pietia

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 09:16:02 AM »
Don't do ramming, guys, please... it is (as opposed to what some people might think) very unrealistic.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 09:32:08 AM »
True, it is unrealistic, but is is fun. :)

(As houserules go, at least)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »
Don't do ramming, guys, please... it is (as opposed to what some people might think) very unrealistic.

I kind of agree with you here...2 vehicles ramming each other, no matter what movies or other systems say, are both piles of junk in real life afterward...and a vehicle trying to ram into foot troops, all the troops have to do is move out of the way...most systems handle this with a leadership check and you simply move them out of the way...

Even the Hedgehog Necromower, the only vehicle in the game that seems to be made for just this option, the rules say that the attack is actually from the Wolfbane on board attacking with his sword...

in short...let's just ignore this please...

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Pietia

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 12:47:03 PM »
Turning your game into chariot races is fun only for the first time. Then it becomes boring...
BTW - try to run over enemy soldier while driving an armored vehicle, buttoned up under fire in rough terrain. Unless he's disabled and has IQ lower than a bacteria you're not going to succeed. OTOH - you're very likely to die. No sane vehicle driver would try such a thing, as unlike the player he does not KNOW that there are no AT weapons in the enemy squad he tries to drive into.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 07:22:24 PM »
Turning your game into chariot races is fun only for the first time. Then it becomes boring...
BTW - try to run over enemy soldier while driving an armored vehicle, buttoned up under fire in rough terrain. Unless he's disabled and has IQ lower than a bacteria you're not going to succeed. OTOH - you're very likely to die. No sane vehicle driver would try such a thing, as unlike the player he does not KNOW that there are no AT weapons in the enemy squad he tries to drive into.

You guys are right, but it wasa fun idea while it lasted. :)

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 02:12:29 AM »
There are certain players who have learned to keep their vehicles FAR AWAY from my Mishima Shgunate's forces.  Can you say AV2 radiant polearms?  Thought you could....

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 04:20:35 PM »
Radinat CC weapons with reach in the jungle SUCK!  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 08:54:44 AM »
Dave as a house rule I allow vehicles to run down troops. I have the models make a leadership test to move out of the way or if they fail they are hit with a Dam 10 wound and need to make a armor save. As far as vehicle ramming vehicle I do both take an auto wound and both make a roll on the vehicle system failure chart.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69