Author Topic: Transports?  (Read 6777 times)

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
Transports?
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:22:48 AM »
Hi I have a question about transports

in official FAQ is stated

"Page 90: Boarding a Transport
Q: Do the troops inside a transport have to be of the same squad?
A: Yes. Only one squad may board a transport at a time."

It is a bit unclear. I understand that i can't transport two squads. But can I take one squad and some individal/s?
For me it seems to be logical to take one squad (for example 4+sgr+hmg trenchers) and Imperial colonel and trencher captain. What do you think?

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
Re: Transports?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Transports are that unlayable and unplayed that no one even has opinion about this?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:19:45 AM by Toshiro »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:05 PM »
Sorry Toshiro. It is GenCon time and several other regional cons are going on as well. In addition several regualrs are on vacation or or going thru personal problems. This does not mean we don't care just that we need time to deal with our issues, check the forum and look up support for our opinions before we post. Please be patient.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »
opinion?

just allow chars (or 2 squads) in it, since itīs logical.

imho, and no faq value, of course
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 10:18:31 PM »
The rule is pretty clearly stated IMHO.

Squads can contain individuals, so long as the individual is able to take command of a squad and has actually 'joined' with it before boarding the transport I don't see where there would be a problem.  Of course if that isn't the case, said individual would count as it's own squad and would not be permitted to board.

And yes, I HAVE used transports in the game...my ill fated Imperial army list had one.

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »
Guys we dropped the ball on this one. I apologize for myself and the FAQ Team. I am going to post this in the FAQ Forum Section so the FAQ Team is sure to catch it.

No Troll and Daikoku - Thank you for giving an answer to Toshiro. Karma to you both.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »
Guys we dropped the ball on this one. I apologize for myself and the FAQ Team. I am going to post this in the FAQ Forum Section so the FAQ Team is sure to catch it.

No Troll and Daikoku - Thank you for giving an answer to Toshiro. Karma to you both.

Thanks, Top.  Good catch.  Now,if we can get feedback from the rest of the FAQ guys, we'll have an answer posted, soon.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »
@daikoku - Dare I ask...why ill-fated?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:29:15 AM »
Hi I have a question about transports

in official FAQ is stated

"Page 90: Boarding a Transport
Q: Do the troops inside a transport have to be of the same squad?
A: Yes. Only one squad may board a transport at a time."

It is a bit unclear. I understand that i can't transport two squads. But can I take one squad and some individal/s?
For me it seems to be logical to take one squad (for example 4+sgr+hmg trenchers) and Imperial colonel and trencher captain. What do you think?

This has been answered, and now appears in the Official Warzone FAQ.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!