Author Topic: New Mutant Chronicles RPG Page  (Read 16814 times)

Offline Gravel

Re: New Mutant Chronicles RPG Page
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »

So this is somehow still the same continuity but set centuries after where UWZ takes place?

Offline brynolf

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 01:59:30 PM »
Yeah, it's supposed to be the same, but about one hundred years later than all the previous MC/WZ/DT/DE editions.

It is debatable if it really is the same continuity, though.

Offline Gravel

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 02:30:49 PM »

I suppose that's a good thing then.  That way if someone else ever picks up the rights to UWZ, it could still take place in the era we all know and love which includes Cybertronic and a Mishima that is still very Samurai.

Offline brynolf

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
I don't know... MC and WZ is closely related. If Paradox ever were to give someone the WZ license, they would probably want them to mold it the same way as the movie and the RPG. Which is bad bad news as far as I'm concerned. Not that it is news at all, since it hasn't happened. Ah, I'll just stop rambling now...  ::)

Offline Gravel

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 05:22:40 PM »
Well no, they could call something like Warzone Classic just like they did with Battletech for fans who want to stick with the old school universe/timeline.

Offline Jase

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 05:06:22 AM »
Well the movie premise tells it much differently to the earlier editions, then again continuity changes are nothing new.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."