Author Topic: New Mutant Chronicles RPG Page  (Read 15788 times)

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
New Mutant Chronicles RPG Page
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:29 PM »
For those of you who haven't already taken a look, COG has put up their webpage for the new version of the Mutant Chronicles Role Playing Game.
There's some nice artwork, etc....and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the final product.

One thing that really caught my attention though - Cybertronic is missing....and replaced by the similar (but Asian/Arabic flavored) Sundiata. Not sure about that one...
Still, can't wait to see the system, the artwork etc. There has already been enough interesting stuff introduced that I'm breaking out my old campaign notes.

I definitely think I'll be running this when it's released.

Here's a link to the page:

http://www.coggames.com/mutantchronicles/
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: New Mutant Chronicles RPG Page
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:37 PM »
I might pick up a copy as well if the book looks good. We don't have time for RPGs as much as we used to, but it could be a good read.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:41:17 AM »
very interesting, the fate of the lord heirs hehe. 
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »
Interestingly (and in some ways unfortunately), where I now live, I have an active RPG group...but no miniatures gaming group. I haven't played a TTG in well over a year. Incredibly disappointing....
All my terrain is getting dusty.

I'll stop whining now...but I am looking forward to running the RPG again. My old campaign was sort of an "X-Files meets Call of Cthulhu in the Warzone Universe". LOL
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline zebuleon

• Journeyman
    • 731 Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »
Its sad how such a great brand keeps getting altered with each incarnation.  I mean nearly 20 years of IP history and they have to go and change one of the major corps to some stupid afro-Arabic thing.  Cybertronic was unique in that it didn't have any ties to old earth now they are making it so.

Its sad that the original creators, who are still with paradox, really don't give much of a crap about what happens to the setting.  Its going the way of Star Wars, pretty soon we'll learn that the dark symmetry is just a viral infection that can be cured with antibiotics.  or as in the case of SLA industries, it is all just a big dream.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:55:49 AM »
I had been to their forum before and it had the cybers so this arabic thing is new.

I had heard they were playing with their timeline in order to match the movie closer (which I find annoying as heck).  By toying I mean the DL emerges on Earth inspiring the Exodus (from what I am guessing).  I suppose it is supressed or driven back (i.e. the plot of the movie) only to come back later down the road.  That leaves it open for the cybers to be created later.  Still, not a big fan of jacking with the plot, although previous editions of the game (Mutant Space) had even stranger changes.  That said, they were not Mutant Chronicles, just the fore-runner of what would become MC.  2nd Ed MC did not mess with the timeline (if anything it cleared things up a bit).  I know I was upset when 2nd Ed WZ screwed around with things (especially Bauhaus).  I'll probably get this game, just to watch the train wreck.  I was worried it would come out while I was gone and did not get a copy but they keep sliding it to the right, just like the movie and the Collectable Minitarues Game from Fantasy Forge.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »
I've been reading a bit more on the site. Looking at the flavour texts about the corps and the planets that are up now  I think it looks rather promising. Ok they're changing some things but that doesn't neccesarily have to be bad.

There's a blog entry where they talk about how they were thinking about the megacorps and the reasons for the changes to Cyber and Mishima.

http://www.coggames.com/mutantchronicles/index.php?section=blog&id=7

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 12:30:19 AM »
well, whatever they say, cybertronic will be missed..  :'( :'( :'(

since i wonīt play the game i donīt need to care, but personally i think that sucks..

robocop-bad-guy-robot (name?) like droids are simply cool (and 80īs, what is also cool, esp. in MC)

(how could they dump this!?!)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jase

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 03:35:39 AM »
Interested to see how it develops, has there been any talk on the rules mechanics at all?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 01:53:11 PM »
Without Cybertronic, this game shows it is overly influenced by the weak willed products of genetic Russian Roulette.  Only with careful cyborg modifications could mere mortals be expected to fathom the true potential of our Mega-Corporation.  It is illogical that such a change should have been made.  Cybertronic hereby declares the following:

1. Paradox is the true Dark Soul!

2. CoG is but a sad extension of their nefarious plot.

3. The slavish worship of Bauhaus brought this all on.

4.  All rational beings must rise up and throw off the artificial limits of this plot. 

That is all.

Executive 13
Cybertronic Corporation
"Superior by Design"   
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:45:36 AM »
I find it annoying that they took the one semi-original corporation and have turned the planets into Gundam G-fighter's Neo-America, Neo-German, Neo-Asia, Neo-UK and now Neo-Arabia.

Real original guys.

Good thing they dropped the tribes or then they might have to do something innovative.

It's all pointless anyway since it keeps being shifted so far to the right that it will have to cooincide with the straight-to-Blockbuster Video relase of the movie anyway.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »
I suppose you are aware of COG:s definite removal of the classic shoulder pads as well...?

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »
I suppose you are aware of COG:s definite removal of the classic shoulder pads as well...?

HERESY!!!!!!!
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Gravel

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
Wait!  So Cybertronic and Mishisma was too '1980s' for them??  So what?  Those two factions were basically the cyberpunk aspect of Mutant Chronicles!  Cyberpunk is very 1980s.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 04:22:29 AM »
yeah, too bad.. that game will not attract old school players..

and not new players, i guess, because the market is pritty full and the game not very inovative.. all factions based on today world..

-->and it plays after a high time followed by their downfall and a 1000 year period of stagnant "peace" !!!

(in the rpg the DL is very new (again) and not like in WZ just a faction, and everyone knows zombies, etc.)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."