Author Topic: Wolfhead Dragoons  (Read 13657 times)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: Wolfhead Dragoons
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
The more I look at their entry, the more I want to use them.

I use the ACG  instead of the Sea Lions on the rare occasions that I dust off my Capitol force...points are the same and they are just cooler...

B.
plus, when I started doing this, I owned no Sea Lions...I do now...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 05:56:05 AM »
I like them both for their fluff.

Free Marines, not so much, but I do want to do a Freedom Brigades/Free Marines Penal force, for tournies.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:04:27 AM »
Free Marines, not so much, but I do want to do a Freedom Brigades/Free Marines Penal force, for tournies.

don't discount the Free Marines...that Ambush SA makes them absolutely deadly...if you can get them into a hardened position, they can control an entire area...

2 years ago at Origins, I played a game in which I had 2 Free Marines hold an entire flank against an Imperial army for about 4 turns, just from the Ambush ability (and some very lucky dice rolls)...

B.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 08:49:04 AM »
don't discount the Free Marines...that Ambush SA makes them absolutely deadly...if you can get them into a hardened position, they can control an entire area...

2 years ago at Origins, I played a game in which I had 2 Free Marines hold an entire flank against an Imperial army for about 4 turns, just from the Ambush ability (and some very lucky dice rolls)...

B.

*nod* they look pretty good, it's just that I was having problems fitting them into an army concept, therefore, Penal Force IX.  :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 10:17:51 PM »
"*nod* they look pretty good, it's just that I was having problems fitting them into an army concept, therefore, Penal Force IX. "

hehe hehe you said "IX" hehe hehe
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 07:20:47 AM »
*nod* they look pretty good, it's just that I was having problems fitting them into an army concept, therefore, Penal Force IX.  :)

I find that they are a good squad to use in a game in which yuo either have to 1.) Assault a hardened position, because you can arm them with a Deatlockdrum; or 2.) a defensive postion when you can take advantage of their Ambush abitlity.

I am currently working on a scenario for Origins in which the Free Marines are going to lead the assault in a Iwo Jima-type attack...for scenarios like this, the Free Marines, with their fluff, are a perfect fit...

B.
more to come on the scenario

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:43 AM »
does this mean I'm going to have to show up to Origins?

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
does this mean I'm going to have to show up to Origins?

that's for you to decide...I think that it's a great con, but I'm also only 2 hours away from it...

B.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 07:26:11 PM »
I've been meaning to for the last few years, and I think I'll do it this year.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »

B.

I still have pics of this infamous battle and of course a pic of the staunch Marine that didn't know that he was supposed to die.  I still remember telling you that you were crazy for jumping those guys out from behind their first line of cover.  B, because of that game I can never question your tactics again.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 03:56:35 PM »
"*nod* they look pretty good, it's just that I was having problems fitting them into an army concept, therefore, Penal Force IX. "

hehe hehe you said "IX" hehe hehe

There are many machines on Ix.....

Sorry, just watched Dune the other night. :)

But yes, Origins will be cool, and I'll definatly help out as much as I can. *nod nod*