Author Topic: Targeting a model that is partially hidden  (Read 3775 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Targeting a model that is partially hidden
« on: November 20, 2005, 03:12:34 PM »
IN a game I played, recently, my Strike Skimmer assumed a position where only the aft end of the vehicle could be seen. The Gunner has placed two AC's on Wait (Ambush) and was taking fire from a model.  Please see attached diagram.

The firing model (black circle) could see my Skimmer, but, I could not return fire due to the obstacle.  Is this correct? Or is it like this:

The firing model is within the arc of fire of fire, and I can draw a line of sight from my vehicle to the model, therefore, return fire is allowed.

We resolved it with a Peacemaker, and I was not able to return fire.

How would you have ruled it?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 03:18:48 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Targeting a model that is partially hidden
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 05:50:50 PM »
If LOS in the Firing Arc is blocked, then it's blocked.

I'd agree with the peacemaker roll here.  Though this could only happen with larger vehicles

Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 05:51:30 PM »
I think that you got it right.

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:12:31 PM »
I'll have to be more careful about how I move my Skimmer, in the future.  Thanks for the input, guys.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:50:24 AM »
I agree with the results but in my opinion there was no need for the roll Dave. You moved into a cover position that blocked your line of sight for your firing arc but not your oponents.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69