Author Topic: Pegasus Scout Bike?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Pegasus Scout Bike?
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:24:21 PM »
Does anyone use these in their Capitol forces? How are they?

Conceptually, my CGF army is a quick moving, fast strike army, so I was thinking of adding these in.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Pegasus Scout Bike?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 02:51:18 PM »
Personally i dont use them if i have only 1 support slot i'am going to take the Great Gray for it's firepower.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 06:08:38 PM »
I ahven't used them in this edition of the rules, but I rarely play a game in which I use either a mortar or field artillery.

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 09:39:08 PM »
I had a friend use it in a previous edition.  It's cool and everything but wasn't a big combat multiplier.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Enker

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 12:03:49 AM »
I havn't tried the PSB yet, and I will never do.
A support slot for the Regongnaince SA? No way.
A Great Grey or a squad of Orcas offer firepower you must field. 
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 01:10:35 AM »
While the Great Grey offers much increased firepower, a Wing of Pegasai (three of them) offer a very flexible, very mobile Close Assault force.  They can move and fire their weapons on anything within their 360 LOS.   They may not do a lot of damage, but they can generate a TON of hits on a target.  If a properly spaced Fly-by shooting occours with a full squad of Pegasai it can generate 18 seperate shots at a base 11 RC!  Even if one action is wasted on the fly up it still produces 12 shots at 11 RC and 3 at 8.  Not bad for the 102 points.

The absolute most shots a Grey can get is nine.

Just think of them as very, very fast assault troops and you'll know how to handle them.

The best thing about them is that they can move inside buildings and any close structure that a regular person sized model can.  Lets see a Grey tear through the close Mercury Caves or an abandoned shopping mall.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 11:29:06 AM »
Just think of them as very, very fast assault troops and you'll know how to handle them.

The best thing about them is that they can move inside buildings and any close structure that a regular person sized model can.  Lets see a Grey tear through the close Mercury Caves or an abandoned shopping mall.

-PFC joe

That's what I was thinking. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »
PFCjoe this works well if you can get into point blank range but at short range your looking at a max. of 9 shots at rc 8 dam 8 for the pegasus and 9 shots at rc 14 with dam 13 for the Great Gray. It would be very easy at short range for 1 Great Gray to shot all 3 Pegasus down. Also in most games i've played in they would never get into point blank range against infantry they would be shot down.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:24 PM »
The differance between short and PB is six inches, the Pegasi can cover almost that in one action.  They <i>could</i> sit still for one action for the bonus to hit or they could zoom on up and only spend that one action in Short and two in PB. 

12 inches away

Move 5 fire once

7 inches away

move 5 fire with higher ROF

2 inches away

Fire with higher RoF

move whereever (charge to engage if you really want to, you can break automatically)

it works all the way out to sixteen inches out.

Though to be honest, it works only if you have a moderate amount of cover (ie city or jungle terrain) or a really dumb opponent.  Or just indoors.  I'll be tryin a squad out this week just to see how they play out.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum