Author Topic: Model size  (Read 4208 times)

[cze]Powerslave

Model size
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
Okay since I cant find it or I am maybe just too bad in searching.

For 1st edition of warzone, what are the sizes of lets say normal and large model units? In mm please .)

thanks in advance

--PS

Offline Jase

Re: Model size
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:22:14 AM »
Your grunt troops were a heroically posed 28-32 mm from top to base. Larger models varied - Hurricane Walkers were 110 mm or thereabouts.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
however, many figs seem to be a bit smaller that 40k for example.

the bauhaus dying stars (canīt spell french..) are tiny. eg. capitol HI LI are also not heroic, but rather real 25mm

(no, i did not measure, but they appear much smaller/human/realistic that other companies troops)

also, most smaller vehicles (esp. GT offroad, deathangel) are quite small.

the hurricane and eradicator are bigger, of course, but compared to the mass of a 40k cybot they are flimsy.
the only normal tank (jackal) is much smaller than a 40k razorback (this thing makes a good vermin, imho)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

[cze]Powerslave

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 03:04:38 AM »
I was more wondering about the base width :) its 28 mm tall okay, but the base width?

btw thx ;)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »
the same as wh40k, 25 mm

the larger models (AttilaIII, nepharite of algeroth) also.

bigger models (orcas, vulcans) use 2 parallel bases -> 50mm

even bigger donīt have defined bases (behemoth)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 04:37:05 AM »
The game does not have much in the way of set sizes for bases but I think Nick's advice is sound-I went back and rebased most of my figs accordingly.  Plus they literally stand up better.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 06:58:42 AM »
Bases, for the most part, are irrelevant, as distances are measured base-to-base, and templates are defined as affecting the model if their base is touched.  Parallel 25mm bases allow a little give, with regards to templates, therefore, we have placed most models in that category (Orcas, Vulkans, etc.) on 40mm bases just to make for less "it ain't touching the base, so it's not affected" type of arguments.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!