Author Topic: Wolfpack Pathfinders  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Wolfpack Pathfinders
« on: May 13, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »
2 questions 1: should'nt Pathfinders have 2 wds since all other wolfpack elites have 2 wds, and 2: what is the correct PC 57 is way off. The other Elites including hero's ans leaders range from 29 to 42.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: Wolfpack Pathfinders
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
This topic has gone round and round several times.  The stats and points are correct as listed in the book.  It is the price that you pay for having an entire unit (the onlyone in the game) that can launch template weapons on every action!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 01:21:29 PM »
and if you place meatshilds close they wonīt get such a punishment..

they are way better than the reavers.. a very good support choise for a rush army..
the templates have a fair chance of killing those pesky HMGs that are the doom for any CC assault..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »
It just doesnt look right to me. If you compare the Assualt Marine Grenadier to a Pathfinder and you add/subtract the stat line not counting the PC the points are even I understand the GL gives the PF med range but the AM has a Dam 11 LR gun and the AM has 2 special ablities to the PF 4, but at a 24 point differance for 2 extra abilities. Even with 2 wounds I think 57 points is to high IMHO.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Winged

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 09:00:27 AM »
I must write an Imperial list:
-1 Necromower cost 54 pts (3 wounds, HMG, Vehicle)
-1 Pathfinder Squad cost 57*4 pts

I have already 1 grunt squad and:
I think it's better 1 Necromower Squad (108 pts) and 1 Regular Squad (93pts) then only a Pathfinder Squad (228 pts)!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »

I have already 1 grunt squad and:
I think it's better 1 Necromower Squad (108 pts) and 1 Regular Squad (93pts) then only a Pathfinder Squad (228 pts)!

This all depends on what you are trying to do with the game.  There are scenarios and play styles where the Pathfinders are very useful.  One of the great things about this game is that if you don't like an unit then you don't need to play with that unit.  However, other people may think just the opposite.  There's something for everyone!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
Well thought and well stated, Stalker.  Karma to you!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline DenGrasse

• Journeyman
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 05:43:06 AM »
pathfinders are unbeatable.... in any of our last battles (with night rules) 5 pathfinders with night vision pack destroyed over 700 points of enemy army.....