Author Topic: Vulture Totem Question  (Read 14178 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Vulture Totem Question
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
[ I won't even claim a victory if I feel the game we are playing has too many questions, its just not right.

not that you have had a lot of opportunities lately.......

Very funny, Troy, very funny! >:(  
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
'Tis true.  Sometimes what you think is a cool idea/tactic or interpretation of the rules is sketchy and/or cheesy.  Remember, however, the built in disagreement die roll to keep the game moving.  It's not possible to cover everything we gamers can come up with.  I like having this forum for us to discuss these things.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
'Tis true. Sometimes what you think is a cool idea/tactic or interpretation of the rules is sketchy and/or cheesy. Remember, however, the built in disagreement die roll to keep the game moving. It's not possible to cover everything we gamers can come up with. I like having this forum for us to discuss these things.

Exactly.  Most of you guys here will get to play more games than I will probably ever get to.  I love this forum, not only for the comraderie, but because it allows me to pick the brains of a group of talented, hardcore players.  

I do like the tie-breaker dice roll, however,  I prefer to OK anything ahead of time if I can.  Now, sometimes this can give away a little of my tactics, but its better to have that happen than break up a game by arguing over something.  One nice thing about having 3 players is that we usually vote, which decides things pretty quickly, and keeps someone from just trying something because they have a 50/50 chance of using it.

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 09:01:36 AM »
playing with dog, i agree.  i think we only used the die roll once or twice, and i think it was on LOS issues, i cant remember exactly, but it wasnt anything earth shattering.  I dont even play vultures, probably never will, but I thought it was interesting.  I have only been playing for a little over a year, and the more i get into the game and review the book, multiple times now, i come up with more questions, its nice to vent those and get multiple opinions, not that I ever think I am wrong. ;)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 09:06:04 AM »
playing with dog, i agree. i think we only used the die roll once or twice, and i think it was on LOS issues, i cant remember exactly, but it wasnt anything earth shattering. I dont even play vultures, probably never will, but I thought it was interesting. I have only been playing for a little over a year, and the more i get into the game and review the book, multiple times now, i come up with more questions, its nice to vent those and get multiple opinions, not that I ever think I am wrong. ;)

"not that I think I'm ever wrong" should be replaced with "Whatever I can get away with". ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kiddn' Bud.  :D :D :D

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »

"not that I think I'm ever wrong" should be replaced with "Whatever I can get away with". ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

no thats quite fair, didnt enjoy your new 'propaganda tactics last game though;D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 06:07:04 AM »
'Falls under the category of not everything being covered in the book.  An example.  Almost every grunt model has an RC stat.  Say your Firstborn Macemen are the only things left on the board, and two Stygian Ophidians are circling overhead and spitting on them with impunity.  A possible tactic would be for the macemen to pick up the bows/crossbows of their fallen comrades and shoot.  I would allow an opponent to do something like this in a heartbeat.  That's just me.

I've seen some crazy stunts in this game; they're rare, but I think sometimes allowing a stunt at the cost of actions or at a penalty is reasonable, or go with the die roll.  I like to win, but if the game plays out by the heroics of some wildness, that's all part of the story to me.   

This forum is our place to discuss all things Chronopia, and gentlemen, I salute you. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 06:49:05 AM »
joshua, we had that discussion last time too, about the firstborn throwing rocks at my flying dragonbane after the repulsar marksman was chewed up by dog, i thought it was funny, but i agree, if you come up with something off the wall, i am always willing to allow something crazy, if it is logical, and reason dictates it would be possible, and it isnt prohibited by the rules.  it keeps it fun, innovation is common on the battlefield, always has been, and should be incouraged, within reason ;)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 07:01:53 AM »
joshua, we had that discussion last time too, about the firstborn throwing rocks at my flying dragonbane after the repulsar marksman was chewed up by dog, i thought it was funny, but i agree, if you come up with something off the wall, i am always willing to allow something crazy, if it is logical, and reason dictates it would be possible, and it isnt prohibited by the rules. it keeps it fun, innovation is common on the battlefield, always has been, and should be incouraged, within reason ;)

D@mn straight.  We had a good laugh about the rock throwing idea.  Sometimes I'm just silly. ;D  I can just see the FB chuck'n masonry at your Dragonbane, yelling "Bad DB, Bad DB, go AWWWWAAAAAAYYYY!" :D :D

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »
[

D@mn straight.  We had a good laugh about the rock throwing idea.  Sometimes I'm just silly. ;D  I can just see the FB chuck'n masonry at your Dragonbane, yelling "Bad DB, Bad DB, go AWWWWAAAAAAYYYY!" :D :D

i was actually looking forward too it, would have been worth the laugh, now, knowing my luck it would have hit and wounded the DB, that would have been funny for everyone but me, but still funny

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 07:50:47 AM »
[

i was actually looking forward too it, would have been worth the laugh, now, knowing my luck it would have hit and wounded the DB, that would have been funny for everyone but me, but still funny

If a rock would have wounded you and you lost the game.............you would have had a FIT.  I can see it now, canonball and I rushing over while you convulse, and me yelling "Stick something in his mouth so he does't swallow his tongue!!! :o ::) :o", now that is funny!! ;D ;D

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:49 AM »

If a rock would have wounded you and you lost the game.............you would have had a FIT.  I can see it now, canonball and I rushing over while you convulse, and me yelling "Stick something in his mouth so he does't swallow his tongue!!! :o ::) :o", now that is funny!! ;D ;D

if u were the one throwing the rock, the way you were rolling, it would have hit and killed me, probably 3 perfect hits, if it was canonball, a least 1 fumble, then would he get a wound, or better yet, it deviates off, hits a sister and kills her, now that would have been funny.

i probably would have convulsed, it would have been the last thing i needed

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

if u were the one throwing the rock, the way you were rolling, it would have hit and killed me, probably 3 perfect hits, if it was canonball, a least 1 fumble, then would he get a wound, or better yet, it deviates off, hits a sister and kills her, now that would have been funny.

i probably would have convulsed, it would have been the last thing i needed

Canonball braining one of his Sistah's would have been truly hilarious.