Author Topic: Warzone Proxies in Tournaments  (Read 10758 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Re: Warzone Proxies in Tournaments
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 01:58:14 PM »
All models from every edition (except the old roleplaying figs and a few of the uglier oens from over the eyars) have a place in UWZ.  They just might be a little different.  The old Dragoons are now the Wolfhead Dragoons and the newer sculpt are the regular dragoons.  The same for the Blitzers (new sculpt) and the Romanov Blitzers (old sculpt).

If nothing else, check the EE online store and see what's what now.

-PFC joe
Ok, thanks!
Btw, where can i find which fig is supposed to represent which current UWZ model? I didn't seem to find it on EE online store (i can see what they look like, but i'd like to know in advance if it's the 2nd edition unit, the 1st edition unit, ...)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »
chribu,

There is no edition to edition guide that I am aware of.  If you peruse the EE store you should be able to get an idea of what the models look like then when you see Hussars on a blister card you will be able to recognize them as Pauldrons instead.  This is the only way that I know of, just familiarize yourself with the new classifications.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 04:13:33 PM »
Excelsior has an official stance on proxies but I'm suffering from a cold and not really in the mood to to be slammed as a rabid fan-boy like I was the last 2 or 3 times this issue came up, so I'm going to skip it. I will make sure that the proxy rules for Origins are posted prior to the Con so people can develop their armies w/o debate. Other than that have fun and play nice.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 06:14:27 PM »
As far as tournaments are concerned, I go to 'em to play.  If the guy running it says "no non-EE proxies" then I'll just have to not take my non-EE models with me. :)  Not being able to field my Freedom Brigade, or my eventual COBRA army is OK, I can still use them in non-tourney games.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 07:30:01 PM »
I have a few of the old Football/Baseball guys, but not really enough to make a squad.  However, I was thinking of using them as Cartel troops.

That is what they are being redesignated, Jib...good call!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 10:45:15 AM »
The old Football helmet guys make great Cartel PeaceKeepers.  Just add a visor and they're spot on UN and they have m-50's too.

as for Freedom Brigades, use what ya got,  I tend to use LI in proxy as they have an LMG and more or less appropriate weapons.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum