Author Topic: HI new player  (Read 5059 times)

Combatdroid 113

HI new player
« on: October 01, 2005, 12:01:32 AM »
Just wondering if this was worth it is the game emerging again or is it just hanging on for grim death

Offline Daikoku

Re: HI new player
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 02:28:54 AM »
The NOT grim death one....

;D

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 06:29:53 AM »
The NOT grim death one....

;D

Or any other kind of death.

But to be honest, it's not exactly bursting from the seams with life either. Its a small company and they have a big plate.

However, since it is the best game on the market it should keep you quite content. If you judge a game by how often and how much it releases stuff then you will be cheating yourself out of any sort of quality. One of the long learned virtues of older warzone players is patience ;)

Offline LAWwaldo

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 06:58:43 AM »
If you expect there to be tournaments in every gamestore within the next 5 years, then I don't believe warzone is it.  However, if your looking for a game that you will enjoy everytime you play during those years, then yes, go for it.  Ive been playing Warzone off and on througout each of its additions, and this is my favourite.  I absolutely enjoy playing it everytime and whenever there is a tournament, I pounce on it.
"Life is tough; it's even tougher when your stupid." - John Wayne

Offline LordPez

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 09:10:49 AM »
The game is worth it. The current edition of UWZ is the best yet IMO and one of the best games available overall.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 09:16:00 AM by LordPez »
Why do you insist on shooting me?

Offline Spagg

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 09:18:07 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forums. Warzone (and Chronopia) are the best mini games out there. The rules are solid (alternating activations, hidden deployment, combat mechanics... etc), and the minis are tight and inexpensive. Stick around the forums as they are a resource for all kinds of information on Warzone and Chronopia. Pick up a rule book and give it a shot. If you like what you read, you will have every army list and all the fluff at your disposal. You can then choose which force meets your taste the best.

Glad you are here!!

Spagg

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »
Well let's accentuate the positive here.  Yes it lacks the cult like domination that 40k has right now.

But look what it has outlasted:

Vor-a darn fine game till FASA collapsed under the power of its own stupidity
Star Wars-two or three iterations and think of how much background and fan power is invested there that someone blew out their @$$.
Anything else West End Games has ever put out (Terminator, Aliens, etc)
Trinity-the TTG version of the RPG
Shock Force-never really a contender, just sort of an excuse to plagerize GW
Star Grunt-Okay that one is still breathing but not by much
Kryomek-ditto
Star Knights-Steve Jackson game that never got off the ground (but they put figs outvof it-go figure[no pun intended])
I'm sure I'm missing others.

Point being Warzone is still in production after how many years and three companies owning it.  I think that should say a lot about its quality and staying power.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 08:15:12 PM »
the Trinity TTG was... interesting, to say the least.

but it DID come with kickin' card terrain, which is snazzy in a generic Sci-Fi way.  If you can find the game for 10 or 15 bucks, I sugggest picking it up for at least the terrain, and use the minis it comes with for bits.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba