Author Topic: 1000 pc Mishiman Lord Heir list  (Read 6944 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
1000 pc Mishiman Lord Heir list
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
Hello.

First list for my Mishiman .

Ashigaru x5
Arashi Leader
Ashigaru LMG spec

Ashigaru x5
Arashi Leader
Ashigaru LMG spec

Ashigaru x5
Arashi Leader
Ashigaru LMG spec

Ashigaru x5
Arashi Leader
Ashigaru LMG spec

Faceless x10

Yorama Warrior Monks x6
Yorama Rokudan with Tigers Fury

Moto Yakamochi Individual Officer

Ronin Light Battle Walker x2

Total PC 998.

wmeredith

Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: 1000 pc Mishiman Lord Heir list
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »
what, no Meka?...

good list though...the only thing I can suggest, and it's something that I discovered after playing them is that Ashigaru are really disappointing until they get really close...I usually throw in a squad of Ronin or Crimson Devils to get the better guns in there...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 06:16:35 AM »
Hello.

Yes the Shogun at long range is UUNH, Ashigaru are just a good change from the ever ready ever steady Ducals. Going for a good amount of activations with the army. Later on I might try out the 5 Tanjoro Greymen I have ;D See if I get tossed out the room for that.

wmeredith

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »
well what I don't like is the fact that the Ashigaru RC is 7 (average for basic grunts), but the Yari Shogun is (-2) at MR, forcing you to close the distance and basically make them a human shield...

that and the fact that most of the basic grunt units in the game with the exception of Capitol Light Infantry and maybe Cybertronic PVs (don't know Cyber off the top of my head) have HMGs at their disposal...I have always thought that if the Ashigaru had a Dragonfire option, they would be more effective in closing in where the Yari Shogun gun is more effective and help get them into HtH where they are very effective...

on a side note, I have used the flamer option and it is a great option for the Ashigaru, but converting the LMG is a bit of a pain, especially since my Dremel went on the fritz and I haven't been able to get another one...

I just think that you can exchange 2 of the Ashigaru squads for 2 4 man Ronin squads with either HMGs or GL and keep the same number of activations...

and the Ronin Light Battlewalkers are great things to have (got mine from Veez), but since they are so nice that every time I've fielded mine, it has been taken out fairly quickly (which is mostly a tactical problem with me, but it is a big target)...

B...

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 09:20:10 AM »
Hello.

I have had a fairly steep learning curve with warzone. Every time I went away from basic troops and tried to spice things up I got shot up. I have a ton of Ashigaru and not many ronin or crimson devils. I did pick up a Hatomoto squad pack and later on I was going to work them in. I don't expect to win to often with this list, just trying to figure out Mishima.

wmeredith

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »
nice to include some special troops.
you should try bushido samurai.
better, imho.. (and cheaper)

imho:
the shooty samurai do not go to well with ashigaru, i think.
you either want to shoot or charge.
ashigaru are for close range only, but the support choises for greater distance (walker+skimmer)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »
I have had a fairly steep learning curve with warzone. Every time I went away from basic troops and tried to spice things up I got shot up. I have a ton of Ashigaru and not many ronin or crimson devils. I did pick up a Hatomoto squad pack and later on I was going to work them in. I don't expect to win to often with this list, just trying to figure out Mishima.

well, that is a sound strategy...I think that at Origins there are 2 scenarios that have Mishima in them (I'm running one of them), and in both of them, there is an abundance of terrain on the board so that the Mishiman can get close and personal...

I think that I lost the first 10 games that I played with my Mishiman, and the first game that I won with them was against a WolfPack force that I was able to shoot up until they got in close...the first time that I beat a conventional force was about 5 games after that one against a friend's Bauhaus force in which the dice were a major factor...

B...

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »
The first time I really owned another force with my Mishima army was when I played my 'usual' force against a bunch of Imperials.  It was dungeon rules so the shooting was pretty much hosed for both forces, but my Hatamoto got close enough to wade into the front ranks of the Imperial forces.  Each one charged with each action and achieved a clean katana kill each time.  Then the HMG spec opened up on a few more  :o   My opponent saw the futility of opposing this force and capitulated. 

Point being, all of the Mishima troops are highly specalized you just need to figure out what they are all good at doing.  Ashigaru should be used to get their FTs on the board as that option is generally lacking in the Mishima force list.  Also your only forward observers are Ashigaru, so if there are no mortars on the board with your Mishima force they are basically there as screening troops.

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »
the shooty samurai do not go to well with ashigaru, i think.
you either want to shoot or charge.
ashigaru are for close range only, but the support choises for greater distance (walker+skimmer)

I have to disagree with this, since the Ashigaru are excellent once they get in close, but that is their problem as well, they HAVE to get in close...but they offer a good screen for the Ronin if you take enough of them to flood the field...I'd rather use them as this living screen than something like the Faceless, since one good shot and the whole squad goes up in explosive glory without doing any damage...

basically, Ashigaru, like Bushido Samurai, have to use the available cover to keep them protected until they are in their maximum effective range...that's why I don't use Bushido too much, since they are limited by their lack of ranged weapons...

I like wmeredith's list for one thing, it floods the field with activations...for Mishima, one of their best advantages are the fact that you can do that because, while their Elites are nice, they are more specialized, and unlike the Elites from the other Corps, they aren't super special, so you're not as tempted to save points on your Grunts to save points on the Elites; and the fact that the Grunts are multi-faceted, since everything in their list is decent in HtH as opposed to the Grunts from the other corps...

B...