Author Topic: Second Edition Mishiman Book  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Second Edition Mishiman Book
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:03:47 AM »
I had heard that there was a Mishiman book finished for the 2nd edition rules. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is are there any copies available?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Second Edition Mishiman Book
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »
The Mishiman book for second ed was never finished.  Though it did near completion it was never finalized due to the collapse of Target.  If I remember correctly, it was the escalating FOW cycle of unbalance that was especially evident in the Mishima book that led to the rewrite and creation of UWZ.  Everything created for the book was added to the UWZ mix in some way or another.

There was an unoffical Mishiman book, much like the Cybertronic one and a couple others.  For the most part it was just as unbalanced as the first two 2cd ed FOW's just without the benifit of the somewhat tenuous points system.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:38:56 PM »
Do you know of a website where these unoffical books can be found?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 01:55:19 PM »
yeah, but they're really not balanced in any way whatso ever.  These FOW's aren't even the Target compiled ones, they're homebrew ones based on what the creators imagined the FOW-in-progress to contain and as such have mostly carbon copies of other second ed FOW units.

just move on to UWZ, you'll be much happier for it.

-PFC joe

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:20 PM »
I have already moved on to UWZ just wanted to find them for reading purposes since i have all of 1st and 2nd edition. I love the game as it is now but at times i like to read the way it was.  Thanks Phil

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Green_Knight

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 03:39:26 AM »
i would like to see the stats for the units in the snd edition mishimian sourcebook, too.

I'be heard too much curious thing that should be in it, i would like to check it out.

Offline tHe_MaN

• MutantChronicles.net - French community MC website
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 11:01:37 AM »
For those who wish to see the unofficial 2nd edition sourcebooks, such as Mishima and so on, they can be found here : http://coralbeach.mutantchronicles.net/
(you've got to select the French version, then in the top menu Warzone / Codex / Non-officiels and you're there)
These was all done by a fellow French fan, who has now just completed the whole translation of UWZ into French. Cybertronic XLR8 inside, most likely ;o)

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 11:20:07 AM »
That's the one.