Author Topic: Calling out the Vulcan Army of Death  (Read 11738 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Calling out the Vulcan Army of Death
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 04:21:08 AM »
Good Luck to both combatants sounds like it going to be a great game with lots of spectators. I may have to try to get there myself. Should be a close range bloodbath.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 05:55:18 AM »
I am still waiting on a PC and environment.  Sometimes, it's worth it to spend points on extras, or on upgrading accompanying troops.  When I fought Archer with the VAoD, I had a few medics hanging aroung the Vulkans.  It was great when Archer plugged my Vulkan Sarge with his sniper, only to have my Sarge rise from the dead.

Question:  Vulkans can neither Minimize Presence, nor go Prone.  When they "die" and a medic "revives" them, are they forced to waste an AC to "get up?"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:05:26 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 08:10:14 PM »
Dave,

I've built my army list for 1000 pts. I suggest you do the same. As for the enviorment we'll see what the polling tells us. And decide from there.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 06:00:47 AM »
Ah, the VAoD1K - memories...very well, the 4th VALkyries are more than willing.  File the necessary paperwork with the Cartel and make sure that your next of kin are notified (why waste our time doing it for you?). 
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 10:04:57 AM »
Hey Andrew! I'll post that battle report on thursday!

Hopefully you'll do better tomorrow than you did with me on Saturday.   :D

435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 02:18:43 PM »
Looks like the polling is telling us that we'll be playing in the Jungle - "and you're gonna diiiiiiieeeeeeeee! In the Jungle, welcome to jungle. It's gonna bring you - down! Huwhuh!"

Okay, then - what Level?  1? 2? 3? Higher?

Let me know...I have tweaking to do before tomorrow night.

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 07:03:12 PM »
@WarlordtheFT  Yes Mark i hope better things come against the Vaod then that debacle that I had with my Capitol against your Cybertronic. All going to say about that battle is Yeah.

And for the rest of you.  The last few things have been ironed out and here's the setting for battle VaoD.

JUNGLE!!! Level 4.

And it's going to be kill them all.  No holds barred..

Let the blood bath commence

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 07:52:39 PM »
I thought you said each vote for terrain was 1 level. So in this case level 8. Don those portable AC units, Hazmat and rebreather gear!!!  ;D

ALso, I'd expect the venusian rangers to make a showing!!!
435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 08:38:35 PM »
That was before we looked at how bad level 8 jungle effects really are.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 01:20:47 PM »
Ugh...it is with much disdain and disappointment that I inform you all that the battle did not go off.  Unfortunately, I got caught at work, and was unable to show.  My deepest apologies to Andrew (UrbanShocker) and to you all for writing cheks with my trash-talk, only to have work give me an insufficient funds notice.

Andrew, you are welcome to reschedule for anytime you find yourself in the area.  I will request the day off in advance.

Again, my apologies, bud.