Author Topic: Armorcast back in business  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Armorcast back in business
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »
Armorcast is back in business and the Dark Legion Drop Pods are once again available. They are now called Alien Birthing Pods and cost 20 bucks for the set.

http://www.armorcast.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Armorcast back in business
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:38:30 PM »
Great News!!!! 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
yep...a couple of buddies of mine bought Armorcast about a month ago and moved the entire operation up here to the beautiful wasteland of Cleveland, Oh...

BTW, they'll be at Origins and Gen Con...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
The Ohio Gang has direct access to Armorcast? YOU GUYS suck  ;)

ANy chance you can influence them to resurrect the Dark Legion Necro-transport and get them to make a VTOL troop transport/lander?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »

ANy chance you can influence them to resurrect the Dark Legion Necro-transport and get them to make a VTOL troop transport/lander?

I've already placed this request.  Sylvas is a batter source of info for this but, I think in time we will see this type of stuff.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »

I'll ask them if they still have that mold the next time I see them...Stalker told me about it last weekend, but I haven't seen either of them in the past week...

B...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 10:46:49 PM »
collectors things should not get a new production. thats just wrong...

(because it makes collectors feel stupid that they craved after that thing..
(or even got it somewhere very distant))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 10:49:42 PM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 04:48:48 AM »
They never pushed their stuff as collecters items though.  I would understand if it was something obscure but they made stuff meant to be used every day.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 05:19:42 AM »
collectors things should not get a new production. thats just wrong...

(because it makes collectors feel stupid that they craved after that thing..
(or even got it somewhere very distant))

the things that would be considered "collector" items they have already said that they will NOT be producing, but that is mostly because they don't have the required licenses to make those things again (like some of the 40K resins, or the Warzone vehicles that were produced for Target Games)...

they can still produce the Necrotech Vats and the Defiler Pods (or whatever they are calling them) because they are very generic looking pieces that can be used as terrain ('Nid players love the "Alien Birthing Pods")....

most of what they say they will be prodcing at this time are resin terrain pieces, which are in LGS here in Cleveland (not fair, I know), but all of the pieces that they have put into production so far are things that were in production when Armorcast was in business in the past....they say new items are being considered, but as of now, nothing has been decided....

B...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 05:20:32 AM »
They never pushed their stuff as collecters items though.
well, not an object made with the intention to be rare..

but the defiler pods were rare, and i got a set..
now they are back in production, making my effort to get something difficult to get pointless..

thats why..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 06:16:21 AM »
now they are back in production, making my effort to get something difficult to get pointless..

I don't know if the Defiler Pods were ever considered "rare", but I don't believe they have been made in a few years either...Armorcast has basically been out of business for about 2 years now, and until my friends came along, they really had no intention of ever getting back into business, which is partially due to some poor management and location...

so while you spent a considerable amount of time, effort, and probably money, at the time, it was necessary...

and if you're looking for someone to blame for the "Alien Birthing Pods" being back in production, that would be me, since I told them that there was a rather rabid online community that would love to be able to get these things again (that and the fact that they can be used as drop pods for 'Nid players)....

B...
love being me...

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
Hello.

I am sorry you feel frustrated Aldrein, but think about the frustration of all the warzone players who wanted Defiler Pods but couldn't get them. Now members of the community have a source for something we didn't have before. ;D

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 08:22:52 AM »
ok ok..

it is better this way.  :)

it just reminds me of the time when i actively collected GW WHFB figs and several popped up again..

once i bought the dragon masters dragon for crasy 150 E and then it was avalible through the mailorder.....
(not for long though.., and the dragon did only pop up on ebay very rarely (but goes much cheaper then...))
-> a case of two collectors wanting to make sure.. a good lection..  :-\

i do belive that particular product (DP) to be rare, as i only saw it once in that ebay auction (2 items).
also, never on any shop-lists, or ARCO, or PA,---

furthermore, komplikator told me, that in czech, no one has it (and many want it..).
(i think it is the same with the germans (that would be two... and i donīt know if they want one..))

anyway, i wish you good luck! armorcast made (makes) very nice models!

a friend craves an atlas mech from armorcast.
and i once had the mad cat. very impressive (-> but i gave it away because in the future i want a 1/72 glaug pod (=marauder mech))

cuīs

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
They never pushed their stuff as collecters items though.
well, not an object made with the intention to be rare..

thats why..
Do you have a pair...or are they sitting IN MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW BWAHAHAAAHAHAHA?!

(They'll go in the mail with the rest of your stuff).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »