Author Topic: Jacksonville, NC  (Read 17001 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Jacksonville, NC
« on: October 23, 2005, 07:31:22 AM »
In a few months.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Edwebley

Re: Jacksonville, NC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:34:35 PM »
Well I used to be in J-Ville back when I was in the Marines. So driving back there for a game wouldnt be out of the question I suppose. Maybe by the time you get back from the sandbox Ill have an army up and running.

My ex-wife spent 6 months at Al Asad. I feel for ya bro.

Edgar 

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
It's not too bad here.  I've been in much worse.

Where are you at-I could be convinced to do some driving myself.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Edwebley

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:00:01 AM »
Well the guys Im trying to get involved in the game are pretty much centered in Raleigh. So about 1.5 - 2 hours away depending on how you drive.  ;)

I think there is a game store there in J-Ville right across from the mall that carries Warzone stuff but Im not sure. I know they have two tables to set up on, but it may be just Warhammer junk.

But at any rate I should have a beginner Imp army set up by the time you hit stateside. So at the very least I will be able to set a date to play. Cant speak for the other fellas.

Edgar

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 12:58:33 PM »
It's called Hobby Chest and is actully a very smart little store.  They have scenery out the wazoo for whatever you want to play (although they play a lot of 40K and Chronopia). 

I have got just about everything you would need from a gaming table (still wrapped in seran wrap from the move) to scenery to gobs of everything except Tribes.

That said, if I could convince the spousal unit, I could probably pull off a trip some time.  Got a buddy I'd probably bring with me-he's been getting desperate to roll the dice himself.  It would certainly make the drive shorter.

Edwebley

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 04:01:24 PM »
Well since you say that Im sure I can convince at least one or two of the boys to come east every other time.

What service are you in? I would imagine you are in the service right?

Ed

PS Actually I just looked at your email addy on file and it has ACE and USMC in it. So I would imagine you being at Al Asad and having the ACE your with the wing. Please tell me you work on Helos... I was a phrog mech for 8 years.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:03:37 PM by Edwebley »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 09:06:54 PM »
I have the distinct privilege of (occasionally) driving God's chosen aircraft; the glorious imperial battle phrog.  I'm at a desk job at the group right now so I only get what trickles my way from time to time.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »
So let me clarify-you guys are in Raleigh?  Maybe I can work out a weekend trip with a buddy of mine.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
Don't know if you guys recall or not, but Grumpel (Dan) is in Raleigh. You could certainly persuade me to visit him and get into a game one weekend. Been way too long since I played WZ....

Lately all my gaming has been RPG stuff. I'm a player in a Fading Suns game (pretty fun). I also GM WHFRP....and will be starting up my Mutant Chronicles campaign again as soon as the new book is available. I could certainly run a MC game if anyone is interested in a one off in the NC or Virginia area.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
Is Grumpel still playing?  The last PM I got from him sounded like he was giving up the attempt to put together a design team and moving on to other games.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 05:52:22 AM »
I could find myself in the VA area in the next six months or so depending on how fickle fate is.  PM me with your actual area if you don't want to throw it out there for all to see and we can see what can be arranged.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »
I don't mind sharing at all.....I live at Lake Monticello. Nice gated community just outside of Charlottesville.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
Is Grumpel still playing?  The last PM I got from him sounded like he was giving up the attempt to put together a design team and moving on to other games.

As far as I know, Grumple hasn't been involved in any gaming (tabletop or RPG) in a while. I think he'd be up for it though....I'll check and see.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 01:17:05 AM »
Well, the more the merrier if he can make it.   ;D

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 05:44:51 AM »
If you can get together a game in Raleigh, give me a heads up with about 2 weeks notice.  Its a 3 hour drive for me but no problem.  I talked to Grumpel a couple of weeks ago and he was talking about selling off his terrain and miniatures.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)