Author Topic: Hell Dorado  (Read 10244 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Hell Dorado
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »
 I have been watching this site for some time now and I think they are about to release the game soon.They have some very good miniatures and the art work is nice too.
 They have just updated the page with some very nice monster types including a very cool two headed beastie.Which is a must have for me.
 Have a look .

http://www.helldorado.fr/index.php?m=5&y=2007

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Hell Dorado
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:10:35 AM »
I'm not seein' the two headed beastie, but the rest looks cool. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »
Youre not seeing him because he ate my dice from last nite and is sleeping!!!!  :o
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Iron Panda

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 08:24:09 AM »
Wow!

I especially like the last faction.  Very, very, unique!

Gotta love the Djinn and "Master Blaster"

Wedge

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 08:49:44 AM »
I agree, the Djinni is my favorite.  Very nice miniatures and... MERCY!  I wish I could paint half as good!

Iron Panda

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:08:57 AM »
I don't know if this is a French thing.  But their mini lines, including Rackham, are so distinct than, say, GW or Reaper.

Much more artistic, stylized and flowing, for lack of the better word.

And the painting...good heavens!  Their blending and NMM techniques are awesome to behold! Early Rackham minis were like that and that trend took off!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:12:20 AM by Iron Panda »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:34 AM »
Stuff looks pretty cool. 8)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »
Josh when the page loads up you will see the big picture with smaller ones underneath.Click on the third from last to see two headed beastie and better pictures of each miniature.
 The style is very impressive and has some very original miniatures in the line.
 If you click on the side bar you can see previous months.The Dijjin is awesome as are some of the Arabian type characters in the faction.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 07:13:41 AM »
Very nice minis.  The painting is fantastic. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Iron Panda

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »
Oh, to be able to read French! ;D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 03:20:59 AM »
If you can get there via google it will translate it for you.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Iron Panda

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »
From the French website:

Plus que trois semaines avant la sortie officielle de Hell Dorado ! Aujourd'hui nous vous proposons de découvrir, au grand complet, la boîte de compagnie de la faction des Sarrasins.

Cette compagnie de soldats sarrasins, guidée par le nazir Ibn Hamid ibn Hajjad se compose de deux piliers de la foi, du djinn Chasm al Majid, d'un Hashishin, de quatre combattants sanctifiés et d'une panthère de chasse.

From Google Translator:

More that three weeks before the official exit of Hell Dorado! Today we propose to you to discover, with large complete, the box of company of the faction of Buckwheats.

This company of soldiers buckwheats, guided by nazir it Ibn Hamid ibn Hajjad is composed of two pillars of the faith, of the djinn Chasm Al Majid, Hashishin, four sanctified combatants and a panther of hunting.

That's the translation I got from Google.  Saracens to Buckwheats... Something's lost in translation. :D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 03:04:27 AM »
Same, exact, translation from Babelfish.

Funny.  Perhaps if they spelled "Saracens" correctly, it would not be a problem?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Iron Panda

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 03:39:45 PM »
Alright, My OC side's getting the better of me. :D

Sarrasins translated by google (French to English) is "buckwheats".  But Saracens translated into French to English is... Saracens..

I have a feeling that past ancient wars were started because of a mistranslation of sorts.  Sort of like "I just want to pass through your lands peacefully" gets mistakenly translated to, " All your lands are belong to us."

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:31 AM »
Ack Ack...Ack Ack Ack.....Ack!

SP

Alright, My OC side's getting the better of me. :D

Sarrasins translated by google (French to English) is "buckwheats".  But Saracens translated into French to English is... Saracens..

I have a feeling that past ancient wars were started because of a mistranslation of sorts.  Sort of like "I just want to pass through your lands peacefully" gets mistakenly translated to, " All your lands are belong to us."

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin