Author Topic: Your Warzone army  (Read 18044 times)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: Your Warzone army
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »
Manic,

I have the same problem!   Only about 25% of my figures are painted.  Still, I have resolved to paint a bunch of units via Shake n' Shoot and quick add of basic details.  I seal the figs, but can always go back and paint in additional detail later...(Yeah, right...in 15 years after I have everything painted to basic standard!) 

Veez,

Wife and I bought this place 10 year ago.  She loved the high ceilings and nice layout of the upstairs.  I drooled when I found it had a 1600 square foot basement!  Unfininished, no less! The miniatures case is her mother's old china cabinet, made of solid mahogany.   When my wife mom passed, my wife already had a better china cabinet lined up.  A consignment place said they would only give us $100 for the custom made piece from her mom, so we just kept it, and I use it for figs.   

OK, I set the goal of finishing up all my Sacristian squads today.  Time to get off the computer and back to the paint table. 
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 03:56:41 AM »
Basement and china cabinet.  That totally rocks!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 04:05:47 AM »
I found great display cabinets at Ikea - they were a hideous color, so I shot 'em with flat black, and installed lighting.  Next - mirrors for the backings.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 04:18:07 AM »
Now way-save the mirrors for your bedroom ceiling! ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Wedge

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 07:22:04 AM »
Here is what I have left to paint in my big ol' case of Warzone miniatures:

Horde:
16 undead legionnaires, 2 Golems of Darkness, 2 Necromutant Leaders, and 2 Curators
2 Centurions
Gomorrian Emasculator (working on him right now)

Semai:
4 Dark Huntsman (found out I need 5 total to go along with the Drop Pod--doh!)
Drop Pod (Closed Version)
Callistonian Conquerer
Callistonian Sundancer
Nepharite of Semai
Eaonian Justifier (working on him right now)
Krayst (working on him right now)

These miniatures ARE painted:

Horde:
10 Necromutants, 2 Tormentors
2 Pretorian Stalkers
2 Razides
1 Unholy Carronade and Crew
1 Pretorian Behemoth

Semai:
8 Heretic Legionnaires
8 Dissidents
3 Callistonian Intruders
1 Metropolitan Prophet
1 Callistonian Sundancer (yes I have two!)
1 Soul Reaver

Here are the miniatures that I need:

Horde:
Praetorian Enforcer
Valpurgis

Semai:
1 Dark Huntsman
2 Soul Reavers

P.S.:  If anyone has any of the miniatures that I listed as still needing I would be willing to trade, or exchange painting services to acquire them.  Let me know!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
 I have two China cabinets but not that size.Mine have painted miniatures in and Terrain.My bedroom has miniatures all over and on top of wardrobes.My son's room has miniatures all over, the landing has more and the attic has them too.I have been collecting for twentyfour years.Various companies and systems.
 I would say I'am more a collector than a gamer as I dont have people to play.
 Must get my son to help play a few games as he used to like LOTR.