Author Topic: Let The Painting begin!  (Read 14154 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Let The Painting begin!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
Good ol' "Kraft" paint from Wally World. :-[  It was on sale for 55 cents a bottle.  The guy I'm painting for wants just a decent playable army and not to concerned what paint I use as long as it looks alright.  Several of the other paints were expensive ones from a gaming store, but I use the cheap stuff when I can.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 07:55:30 AM »
it is one gorgeous mini, so pretty i hate to put it in harms way!  I appreciate dogs work, if i had to paint, it would be a couples cans of spray.  id have red army, and blue army, pretty said, but i have tried minis in the past and i am horrible at it

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
it is one gorgeous mini, so pretty i hate to put it in harms way! I appreciate dogs work, if i had to paint, it would be a couples cans of spray. id have red army, and blue army, pretty said, but i have tried minis in the past and i am horrible at it

My pleasure, my friend.  I've got the first batch of your horned one's ready to be promed.  Now, if life and weather will cooperate, I'll have you ready to play your stunties sometime this fall.  Then I will get my Blackbloods done, so I can whoop you with'em. ;D

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 02:58:19 PM »
Weel after al long hiatus, I'm back at it.  Primed somemore of Troy's figs and put some more together, including his Horned One's Totem.  I have to tell you that is one bad looking mofo.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
I'm working on finishing my Dark Tusks and should have a nice update to the 2008 workbench.  I'm still tentatively putting minute amounts of paint on my first Warzone mini that I never finished for Veez.  The breakthrough for the Dwarves finally came when I found the color scheme open up.  They were just brown blobs of Vallejo Tinny Tin armor, with GW Dwarf Bronze for some parts.  I'm now rockin' some red from the GW foundation series and some leather white from Reaper's master series paints, and hope to show them off here and at Talamania.  I sent all my Firstborn off to Brand X painting, and still have too many models to paint!!  It feels good to be working on stuff again.

Is anyone else having problems posting pics to their posts lately, or is it just me?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 03:57:02 PM »
Im working on getting my Mishima painted for Talamania. I just finished my Dragonbikeand about 12 faceless.
Ive got about 12 ashigaru painted and have about 6 more to get done. I still have hatamoto to paint bushido samurai, and a bunch of others along with the queen ameratsu and the tiger dragon leader.
So I have that to get done while packing to move in later April and then unpack nd paint some more before the big weekend. I think Ill be a bit busy.  :D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »
Well I'm finally back at it again. :D  There jsut never seems to be enough time to sit down and paint.  So, I'm trying get jsut a few hours a week in and build from there.  Every one of Troy's horned ones has  at least 1 base color on it.  hope to get some more done today.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »
     Things are moving along steadily, if slow.  ALL of Troy's Horned ones have base coat and most have armour done.  The totem is coming along nicely, and might be the first one done. ;D  When I find where the wife hid the camera, I will try to take some pics of WIP.