Author Topic: 1k Darklegion  (Read 6378 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
1k Darklegion
« on: April 29, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »
Hello.

Just cooked up this list and am having a blast with it. I have played three games so far and have had two hard fought defeats and a victory. I think i have something here.

Horde 500PC

6 Necromutants + Tormentor Spec

6 Necromutants + Tormentor Spec

2 Pretorian Stalkers

Gomorian Emasculator

Valpurgius
Apocolypse
Devoring Darkness
Flow of Acid.

500PC Illian

7 Illian Templars
High Templar

6 Illian Templars
High Templar
Void Canon Spec

3 Brass Apocolypse

Karak the Keeper.

Basic stratgey so far put the Emasculator with the Brass Apocolypse to cover their advance with smoke. Put the templars around Karak and let him pop away with his toys and use the Necromutants to screen Valpurgius till he gets Apocolypse off. Plus harrassing with the Pretorian Stalkers with Paradeploy. Dave McGee's Jaegers in the first game really did a number on me, and Jibba's Shadow Man Snipers took the board in the second.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: 1k Darklegion
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »
Thats a nice wll rounded force. Id had to have to face it. Tho if I did Id bring lots of......Rockets :)
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:24:01 AM »
Personally I would trim a few points of each squad until you had enough to purchase a support model.  Preferably a Razide.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »
Hello

That is an option I was thinking of. I just picked up a pair of centurian preceptors from maplewood and was thinking of whether to work them in or get a razide. I have a few lying around.

wmeredith

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »
Personally I would trim a few points of each squad until you had enough to purchase a support model.  Preferably a Razide.

I personally like undead over necromutant
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
Hello.

I know Masherking, but for me the improved combat ability of the Necromutant plus the 11damage vs 10damage rifle for a mere two PC more is worth it. Besides the undead models are a little too butt ugly for me. And I simply LOVE the tormentor, you gotta have the FT template. ;D

wmeredith.

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »
Apart from my Army being Semai, I use a lot of the same Horde models as you.  I don't want to give away my list because of the upcoming Talamania event, but I'll post it when its over.  Besides... if I posted it everyone would think it was a a feint... y'know, being Semai and all...  8) ;)

Iron Panda

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »

I'm beginning to reconsider my grunt infantry choice.  Big fan ofthe  Necromutants because of their rifle, but the necroorganic resistance of the undead is simply to usefull to pass up. 

Iron Panda

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »
Apart from my Army being Semai, I use a lot of the same Horde models as you.  I don't want to give away my list because of the upcoming Talamania event, but I'll post it when its over.  Besides... if I posted it everyone would think it was a a feint... y'know, being Semai and all... 

You have learned much in the ways of cunning, young padawan. ;D