Author Topic: Bauhaus Grizzly Battle Tank On E-Bay  (Read 18585 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Bauhaus Grizzly Battle Tank On E-Bay
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 04:55:58 AM »
I had one for years and finally got rid of it. I only used it once and that was'nt for warzone.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Iron Panda

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 05:56:09 AM »
A truly exciting find! From back in 1996 when Forge World was a California company producing top quality resin vehicles for both Games Workshop and Target Game's WARZONE system.

Wow, I am amazed that Forgeworld has roots way back in 1996.  Amazing still that it was an independent company at one point.

Wonders never cease.

Iron Panda

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 05:58:51 AM »
I had one for years and finally got rid of it. I only used it once and that was'nt for warzone.

It seems that the Grizzly is to Warzone as the Baneblade is to GW.

Shame that one can't even use it.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 06:42:20 AM »
A truly exciting find! From back in 1996 when Forge World was a California company producing top quality resin vehicles for both Games Workshop and Target Game's WARZONE system.

Wow, I am amazed that Forgeworld has roots way back in 1996.  Amazing still that it was an independent company at one point.

Wonders never cease.

Actually it was a different company.  GW realized how much money they were pulling in and pulled their license.  Forge World went under and GW started their own Forge World.

Nice huh?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 06:55:21 AM »

Wow, I am amazed that Forgeworld has roots way back in 1996.  Amazing still that it was an independent company at one point.

Wonders never cease.

Actually it was a different company. GW realized how much money they were pulling in and pulled their license. Forge World went under and GW started their own Forge World.

Nice huh?

Sounds like another company that we know and detest! ;)
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 02:26:15 AM »
the seller added this info:
-------
*NOTE**

BAUHAUS GRIZZLY ~ I was contacted by an eBay member who mentioned that the Grizzly production was plagued by the tendency for some of the treads to snap off during shipment. The one you are bidding on had never been opened so I opened it and confirmed some of the treads did snap off. This appears to be because the shipping box was smaller than adequate for this large a model.

I also contacted a friend who built one and he confirmed he had to repair the some of the treads on his.
-------

i might add, the well informed eBay member got his knowlage here on the forum and never saw a grizzly in RL before..   :-[
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 04:37:18 AM »
MARK ONE UP FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!   :D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Iron Panda

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 04:44:32 AM »
Awesome!  This board has a potential to be forum for "Consumer Services" as well.

A place to discuss and inform about ebay trades, vendors, etc.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 11:02:43 PM »
 :P :-[ :-\  :o :'( >:( ??? :P :P :-[ :-\ :-X :'( :o

US $308,77

my offer was US $303.77 ............ aaaahhrrrggg (but too high anyway..)

i might add, the well informed eBay member got his knowlage here on the forum and never saw a grizzly in RL before..   :-[

and now he will never see one....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:01:50 PM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »
Ouch.  On so many levels.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »
:P :-[ :-\  :o :'( >:( ??? :P :P :-[ :-\ :-X :'( :o

US $308,77

my offer was US $303.77 ............ aaaahhrrrggg why do the british have so much money??? damm their pound...

and now he will never see one.... dam tommies...  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Atkins)
*****IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATORS*****

OUCH!  The Grizzly sold for over $300.  I thought I paid alot for mine when I got it a year or so ago at $120.

Hey Aldrien, if you make it to Origins this year I'll show you mine.  ;)

If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »
After much soul searching, I've decided that my Grizzly is going to be sold. I love it and the fact it's been collectable...and that I have *most* WZ goodness...but considering the value now, it's clearly worth more to serious collectors than to me. I could use that kind of money for something I'll use regularly and I just don't get to game like I used to these days....

I'll hate to see it go and I'll probably suffer over the decision, but it'll be on Ebay this weekend. Nice shape - usual couple of broken tracks, but othewise very good. Unpainted/unprimed but assembled.

*sigh*
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 08:17:06 AM »
If it's any consolation, at all, Alpha - I'd do it, too.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 08:27:24 AM »
If it's any consolation, at all, Alpha - I'd do it, too.

Amen to that.  
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
I will be listing it in the next day or two....if anyone here wants it, I will sell it to a forum member for $250 (over $50 cheaper than the last one went for on Ebay). If you want to try your luck on Ebay, there will be a $200 minimum....just giving my forum friends the headsup advantage. If you want it, let me know asap....I'd strongly prefer Paypal payment.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male