Author Topic: Bauhaus Grizzly Battle Tank On E-Bay  (Read 18574 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Iron Panda

Re: Bauhaus Grizzly Battle Tank On E-Bay
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
Cool looking model.

Where's the rules for this beauty and can one use it in a normal game?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »
I'm in. 

Iarvizo
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Okay I'm out, but at least I drove the bid up.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
Cool looking model.

Where's the rules for this beauty and can one use it in a normal game?

I'm not sure if there were ever rules for this in any WZ edition.  I have one and commonly use it for terrain in bigger battles.  It's just a nice model to have.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Iron Panda

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »
I'm not sure if there were ever rules for this in any WZ edition.  I have one and commonly use it for terrain in bigger battles.  It's just a nice model to have.

Such a proud, majestic model.. reduced to mere terrain. :'( :'( :'(

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »

I thought there were rules for it in 1st ed...

it's big, it's nasty, it's all made of resin (and it breaks easily, right Stalk?)...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 08:38:48 AM »
The Grizzly rules just don't work well with the game as designed.  If you really want to dredge up an old re-hash of conversations about tanks and vehicles in Warzone, I will summarize about a gazillion posts into a single, crystal clear summary.

Tanklovers:  Tanks would be neat in Warzone.  I like tanks, therefore they should be added.

Tankhaters:  Tanks unbalance the game, and are very hard to make work in a skirmish system

Tanklovers: But they are so cool!  There must be a way to make something that cool work in this game system

Tankhaters:  No.  Trust me.   

Tanklovers:  I don't trust you...I hate you!  Die die die die!!!!!

Tankhaters:  Don't hate the player, baby...

...ad naseum.   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:16:58 AM »
Hello

I will add my two cents. I have uet to see  scifi game that included heavy warmachines/ Tanks devolve into anything other than a shooting gallery where the vehicle took over the game and the infantry were shreeded. A skirmish game like warzone appeals to me because it relies on tactics not stats. My Bauhaus Ducals have a chance of  taking down Assualt Marines or Orcas. It is damn near mposible for regular troopers in a game like 40K to take down a vehicle . Warzone does not need them .

wmeredith  :-X
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
I concur - UWZ is not a full-blown battle type of game - it is a skirmish game, and tanks have no real place in it.  The vehicles that exist are what one would find, normally, at this scale.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »
well, as always, i disagree.. ;)

the thing is: tanks need to be restricted quite a lot.
1 tank / 1000 is not so much.
if you just take 2*minimum LI and then buy a "good" tank -> broken army..

also, a tank is not necessarily a grizzly.. there are a lot of tanks which are not the god of the field.
think more in the line of T-62.
3-4 rocket hits from the small multi shot WZ rocket launchers (RL-RPG is one shot and run, i gues..) should kill it - just like any bigger vehicle (skimmer, hur, EDD,..)

the main gun is not very useful against infantry, what remains is the ubiquitous MHMG...

if you think of WWII, the infantry stood a good chance against tanks in a rough environment, like rubble, cities or more dense environment (stones, trees, a facility..).

the grizzly, of course, could only be broken....

donīt throw the tanks away, they are against inf. just like the hurricane (mhng) + a good AV gun

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »
Aldrien, you didn't disagree - tou merely proved the point that there is no place in this game for an armored behemoth meant to take on ohter armored behemoths.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »
it's big, it's nasty, it's all made of resin (and it breaks easily, right Stalk?)...

B...

Yes!  Note to whoever winds up winning the auction.  Make sure you specify that it needs to be packaged very, very well.  Part of the reason I use my Grizzly for terrain is it looks so nice with all of its broken tread and unattached track, next to my destroyed city buildings!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »
:( is it so bad...?

i am fighting reason in the moment...
I think soon my extra figures will do the long walk and end up at ebay.. i may need the money..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 10:15:42 PM »
:( is it so bad...?

i am fighting reason in the moment...
I think soon my extra figures will do the long walk and end up at ebay.. i may need the money..

NOOOO!  Summon the energy to resist the urge.  Warzone will one day shine again and then you will forever have to live with your regret.  There has to be another way to make the $$$ that you need.