Author Topic: Fantasy Flight 54mm MC has arrived  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Fantasy Flight 54mm MC has arrived
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 07:10:39 AM »
Uh...I could use a couple myself if you want to throw them in that box you are mailing off here at the end of the month.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Kratach

• Journeyman
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/mutant_chronicles.html

looks good, just to big..

I'd say that they look okay but the scale is too big. Someone asked how big a Pretorian Behemoth would be in the scale but I imagine they'd never do anything like it. I don't follow the collectible mini hobby but it seems to me like they make pieces to fit the packaging rather than to be in scale. If they did something like a Behemoth or Maculator it might look more like the Ezoghoul looks like compared to the metal minis.

In the end it doesn't matter to me, I have avoided the whole collectible thing and I see no reason to start ;D I agree with Veez, who wants to crank out terrain in that scale? (As if I needed another scale!!) ???
It IS as bad as you think it is and they ARE out to get you!!!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »
Veez -

How many you need? I got Imperial Regulars coming out of every nook and cranny - just give me a number.

As for Mutant Chronicles from FFG - all I can say is Crap-tacular. I wasn't expecting much and FFG totally failed to even get that far. Paradox's newest victim of the MC Universe Curse  dropped the ball on this one and I wouldn't bet on the September release either.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Iron Panda

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »
Rackham's AT-43 line looks good and plays well, too.  To bad they're pre-painted plastics.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 08:16:49 PM »
Hello.

Prepainted or not you can still paint them how you want them to look. A good fig is a good fig. I may check them out just to see the figs.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 10:55:39 PM »
How many you need? I got Imperial Regulars coming out of every nook and cranny - just give me a number.
:D :D i know that.. a while ago they were just too cheap on ebay... i bought more than too much..

As for Mutant Chronicles from FFG - all I can say is Crap-tacular. I wasn't expecting much and FFG totally failed to even get that far. Paradox's newest victim of the MC Universe Curse  dropped the ball on this one and I wouldn't bet on the September release
oh my.. what is it with MC? in its prime nearly beating 40k, but then a series of ugly minis, bad distribution/support, ... and it still attrackts ppl to rent ( ::) >:() the license and invest.

i would like to know why anyone would pay money today for this licence (and not going the 28mm way w/o collection crap).
if i would make a 54mm game my audience would be junger/~same age than WZ -> who could today be attrackted by the fact that the background of this 54mm game has a long history???

esp if i look around: all the fans, therefore at least potentially attrackted by the name, donīt like it.
hands up, is there ONE among us who will buy more than a box to have a look?
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »
I can only say love of the game.  It's a great concept with international appeal that deserves better than it got.

FF seems to be a company that takes other people's ideas and uses them for their games.  To be fair, they have produced their own lines of board games but look at their other quasi-miniature games; a LoTR CMG (like that's necessary with GW doing LoTR), Doom (which I'm told is virtually unplayable), StarCraft (not sure about the status of this one).  I don't know if they see this as an easy buck (I guess they don't by this time).

Top-when I get back (two days-I can't freaking wait!) I need to sort though what I've gotten in the mail-I should have those spikeys we talked about and we do up a nice trade.  I'm planning on converting some of those Imperial jump troopers (can't remember the name right now).  I bought some jet packs from Hasslefree for 19th Silent conversions and never got around to using them and figured they'd bee good for that.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »
IFF seems to be a company that takes other people's ideas and uses them for their games.  To be fair, they have produced their own lines of board games but look at their other quasi-miniature games; a LoTR CMG (like that's necessary with GW doing LoTR), Doom (which I'm told is virtually unplayable), StarCraft (not sure about the status of this one).  I don't know if they see this as an easy buck (I guess they don't by this time).

argh. i've been planning on buying the doom boardgame. you really heard it sucks? has ayone else tried it?
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Jase

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »

a nice trade.  I'm planning on converting some of those Imperial jump troopers (can't remember the name right now).  I bought some jet packs from Hasslefree for 19th Silent conversions and never got around to using them and figured they'd bee good for that.

Stormtrenchers is the word your looking for, and Hasslefree do jump packs? Got a link?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 03:40:48 PM »
A bit more hard sci-fi that the MC universe but they will do in a pinch:

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=507

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »
i think they fit very well into the new capitol look!

may be a future possibility of flyguys.. the original ones are...

edit: or are they 54mm?
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »
Those backpacks are 28mm.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »
Rackham's AT-43 line looks good and plays well, too.  To bad they're pre-painted plastics.
I got a chance to try the game and have a look at the minis two weekends ago. It plays quite nice and the minis look quite ok especially the walkers. Most of the official pics have been improved a bit by the staff painters though.

Offline Catinator

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »
From what I see it looks quite different art-wise from the original.

54 mm is way too large. I might check out some of the figs but definitely stick to my old figs. Hope Cyclopsforge will get some new figs out as well. What I've got so far were very nice.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 06:20:56 AM »
54mm.  Set up your forces.  Shoot paintgun pellets at the models.  Sounds like fun.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA