Author Topic: 225 Blister Lot on E-Bay  (Read 18090 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: 225 Blister Lot on E-Bay
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »
and almost no work.. spread them out, 20x11 and take a pic...
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 06:36:17 PM »
The guy has been offered money and refused, offered a chance for the community to help him sell and ignored the offer, offered a catalog and ignored the offer. Somtimes you just have to let it go -- adios box of minis you are bound for the Island of Misfit Miniatures.....maybe Rudolph will find you one day and brigng you to good little wargamers round the world.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 07:06:33 PM »
As per the man's challlenge I went back and checked his feedback - not as squeaky clean as he wanted us to believe:

whiteknightgames (353) 

Feedback Score:  353 
Positive Feedback:  98.9%   

Members who left a positive:  358 
Members who left a negative:  4 
All positive feedback received:  444 

I went thru all his feedback and found that in addition to his Positive Feedback he received the following:
Neutral: 4
Negative: 5

I can't understand this dude - the item does not sell so he raises the price? What's his day job, Congressman?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 03:09:26 AM »
It's his loss.  The only sad part is that these figs will rot until melted down to make new ones.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Patience grasshopper. Time is neither an enemy or a friend -- it merely is. It might not be today or tomorrow but the miniatures will go where they are meant to be. I am planning to wait and see if the box goes to someone who is willing to agree to his terms. When/if it doesn't I plan on talking to him and making him an offer on my terms. He will reject it because he thinks he has to get a certain amount but eventually someone will offer him a price he will accept, he will take mine or he will continue to damage himself financially out of spite. Self-preservation will eventually win out and he will choose something over nothing.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »
But master, what if the ying of purchase and the yang of ownership fail to align?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »
The second incarnation of the auction has been removed from listing. It begins to get interesting

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »
Interesting development, that. 

I wonder if maybe someone else with a retail presence purchased the stock?

If I had a setup like Nobleknight, or even an E-Bay store, I'd seriously think about the profit potential and take the gamble. 

Who knows, we might see a big influx of "Buy Now" listings with roughly 225 new items in the next week or so...

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
Interesting development, that. 

I wonder if maybe someone else with a retail presence purchased the stock?

If I had a setup like Nobleknight, or even an E-Bay store, I'd seriously think about the profit potential and take the gamble. 

Who knows, we might see a big influx of "Buy Now" listings with roughly 225 new items in the next week or so...

As far as I can tell vikingandbrit made an offer but it was declined.