Author Topic: Army Madness  (Read 8517 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Army Madness
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:48:48 AM »
Hello

Any one else find themselves painting an army only to be distracted by ideas for the next one . I am trying to paint my Bauhaus, but keep putting them down because I am looking in the rule book at the Lutherin's. Ideas for converting their cavalry and the style of  their forces have me painting challanged at the moment. Well at least I stopped trying to paint  all of my Bauhaus at once.

wmeredith

Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Army Madness
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:58 AM »
When it comes to ideas for coversions, scenarios, etc one man said it best -

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
- Blazing Saddles (1974)

;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:11 AM »
 I know what you mean as I find it hard to pick which games system to start with as I have loads to choose from.Way too many choices and way too many distractions.
 The new ForgeWorld Death Korps of Kreig Rough Riders would make good starting pionts for the Lutherans.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:36 AM »
Hello

That may be an option but I was thinking of trying to graft fusiliers onto regular rough riders first. Probably cheaper that ways .

wmeredith

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:51:21 AM »
The GW plastic horses with the tabards seem like a good starting point-easy to convert to some type of armor as past units have demonstrated.  Gub's sculps are also a good motivational starting point.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »
Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
- Blazing Saddles (1974)

ditto...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:13:40 PM »
I try not to get distracted.  But then one of my children wanders in to watch me paint... and then comes the question...

"Hey Daddy this is boring... wanna watch LOTR with me?"

How can I say no?  :)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
I have no such problems, as I am a master of focus, a single minded minion of paint and....

Oh, look!  A shiny!

Good Luck on the painting, I feel your pain!

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
one of my problems is not the number of armies I have (3), but the fact that, since all I do is minis games, I always have something else to paint...

there's Heavy Gear Blitz, Warmachine, 40K (very rare now, but sometimes I have to dust off the Space Elves to knock some guy down a peg or two), and of course UWZ and Chronopia (which I don't play as much but I do have 2 armies)...

so unless I am focusing on one system, then I will never get anything done...

actually amazing that I have as much done as I do...

B...
oh look, a chicken...

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
Hello.

Well I am hopelessly lost in my musings. If I ever get as good in building my forces as I imagine my forces, well look out.

wmeredith

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »
I agree there...I have a great Buahaus force in mind, but wait, I don't own ANY Bauhaus...

so therefore, I stick to my big 3...

B...

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »
That's why I decided to get some of pretty much everything.  That way I can satisfy all my twisted pewter desires, as well as use it all for props for the MCRPG that I will some day run.  Some day.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »
I never started collecting anything from Bauhaus because, of all the people I usually play against, ALL of them have about 1500 points of Bauhaus, so if I ever wanted to play them, I could just use theirs...

I just prefer having my own forces, so since the game went away (temporarily), I have just been sticking to and collecting (re:expanding) minis for the forces I have...there are things I'd like, like a Wolf Pack, but I'm patient and can wait...

B...

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »
I try not to get distracted.  But then one of my children wanders in to watch me paint... and then comes the question...

"Hey Daddy this is boring... wanna watch LOTR with me?"

How can I say no?  :)

That's awesome - wtg, Wedge.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Iron Panda

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 04:52:23 AM »
That's why I decided to get some of pretty much everything.  That way I can satisfy all my twisted pewter desires, as well as use it all for props for the MCRPG that I will some day run.  Some day.

That's hardcore! ;D