Author Topic: Okay, Now I Get It  (Read 18239 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Okay, Now I Get It
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »
Talk about psychological warfare!

Heck with the feeling in my stomach after that image it was physiological psycological and darn near pathological!!!!

:D
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Iron Panda

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »
I LOVE B5!!  I've watched the series 7-8 times.  Ranks right up there with the new Battlestar Gallactica.

I agree.  I recently viewed several episodes on a recorded VHS tape  ( damn, they constantly jam! >:()  and eventhough they are some fifteen years old, they still manage to captivate and enthrall.  B5, by far, was the best space sci-fi show ever made then and even now. 

I'm getting the whole series and the movies when I get my refund back! The new AC can wait....
or not... >:(

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »
B5 was a great series as is the new Battlester.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »
Greatest quote ever:

"Why not?  Only one captain has survived battle with the Minbari and he is behind me.  You are in front of me.  If you value your lives you will find yourselves elsewhere."
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 05:39:17 PM »
Greatest quote ever:

"Why not?  Only one captain has survived battle with the Minbari and he is behind me.  You are in front of me.  If you value your lives you will find yourselves elsewhere."

Sorry but you are mistaken. Maybe the 2nd greatest quote but the greatest is without doubt has to be when Vir Cotto told Mr. Morden

Mr. Morden: What do YOU want?
Ambassador Vir Cotto: I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.
[waves]
Ambassador Vir Cotto: Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Must be a Centari thing - Londo always appealed to my sarcastic cynical side too.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »
Those SHADOWS gave me the willies!!! :o  Gotta be my favorite "villian" form a Sci-Fi series.  The first time a SHADOW vessel "shuddered" out of hyper-space.............how friggin cool was that!! :o

BTW- What were we discussing before B%? ::)
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 03:18:11 AM »
Probably the best villains and the best overall story arc.  Frankly the last season was a dissapointment just because it had achieved so much prior to it.

Something about Lord H I think...
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
Greatest quote ever:

Sorry but you are mistaken. Maybe the 2nd greatest quote but the greatest is without doubt has to be when Vir Cotto told Mr. Morden

Ambassador Vir Cotto: I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.
[waves]
Ambassador Vir Cotto: Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Must be a Centari thing - Londo always appealed to my sarcastic cynical side too.  ;D

I would say you and Veez have the number 2 and 3 best qoutes, the best in my opinion was
Drazi Ambassodor to John Sheridan. "Captain I am sorry we thought you were dead"
John Sheridan to Drazi Ambassodor. "I was I am better now"

I love that show Got all the seasons on DVD next on my list are the cable movies.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »
I've got the entire series plus the In The Beginning/The Gathering set.  I need to get the other movie sets, Crusade, and Legend of the Rangers.

Iron Panda

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

[waves]

Must be a Centari thing - Londo always appealed to my sarcastic cynical side too.

That was the most memorable scene that I still remember vividly.  Morden had that one coming.

The Centauri rocks!  Not only they have cool looking ships and coiffure but they are also virile in a prehensile way. Who would have thunk it?

Iron Panda

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 07:24:25 PM »
Those SHADOWS gave me the willies!!!   Gotta be my favorite "villian" form a Sci-Fi series.  The first time a SHADOW vessel "shuddered" out of hyper-space.............how friggin cool was that!!

At first, I thought that B5 was your typical generic sci-fi show and really didn't get it a chance at first.  But when the shadows first appeared, that was when I was hooked.  Not only they were scary looking, but the overall theme of an "ancient evil" rising up was a great story arc.

Cthulhu, anyone?

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 07:31:57 AM »
from rabbit fur loin cloth to B5
Only Lord H. brings this, and so much more, all together. :)

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Wedge

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 08:05:50 AM »

At first, I thought that B5 was your typical generic sci-fi show and really didn't get it a chance at first.  But when the shadows first appeared, that was when I was hooked.  Not only they were scary looking, but the overall theme of an "ancient evil" rising up was a great story arc.

Cthulhu, anyone?

Warzone anyone?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 08:52:41 AM »

Warzone anyone?

Whats that?  ???   ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »
Those SHADOWS gave me the willies!!!   Gotta be my favorite "villian" form a Sci-Fi series.  The first time a SHADOW vessel "shuddered" out of hyper-space.............how friggin cool was that!!

Cthulhu, anyone?

More thatn just Cthulhu-the darkest fears of mankind rollup into one nastybad!

Otherspace on the other hand-definitely Cthulhu