Author Topic: First edition  (Read 17211 times)

Offline veebo

First edition
« on: October 12, 2005, 08:13:13 AM »
Hey ya!

I have the first ed of warzone rulebook ( not enough money to buy 3rd ed yet, and i think that the old one is too legendary not to be used any more)

So I have these two problems.

Is 3rd edition chasseur same as 1st edtion chasseur? In first edition chasseur looks like the new 3rds armoured chasseur( the big one with two guns ). So is it same?

Is 3rd edition capitol "light infantry" same as the "infantry"?  Though my version is finnish so it can be possible that the "jalkaväki" means light infantry but im not sure. Any thoughts?

Im from finland btw.

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: First edition
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 01:14:22 PM »
Do you mean are they represented on the gaming table by the same models or are they statistically the same?

The first edition infantry are the baseball cap wearing minis and no those are not used at all in UWZ, though I don't think many opponents would have a problem with you using them as Light infantry.

What I remember as 1st ed chassuers are now people's volunteers, though that wasn't "a big one with two guns" so we're probably thinking of different minis.  Sorry that isn't more helpful.

As for the statistics, no they are completely different.  In first it wasn't uncommon for a unit to have MW (the 1st ed equivilent to RC) of 15, while in UWZ an 11 is rare and the average is probably 8 or 9.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:33:26 PM »
I think he means the now  enhanced Chasseur units.  and no, there're nothing like their first edition counterparts.

As for the old baseball capped infantry, for the most part they can be either Capitol Infantry or just shifted over and turned into Cartel Peacekeepers.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum

Offline veebo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 03:46:28 AM »
Could you be so nice to tell me stats of new chasseurs and stormtroopers(and evrything i need to use them).

I dont mind if you think thats not right and I should buy the 3rd edition. But it would be nice to try those units, until I have enough money to buy the new rulesbook. 

If I purchase the rulebook from USA( I didnt find any retailers from EU), I need to pay for rate of duty and that will cost a lot.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 05:03:01 AM »
There is a thread covering the European distributors in the Excelsior General Discussion Forum. Here is a link http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=51.0
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 05:15:54 AM »
Check out the thread Topkick linked to for ways to get UWZ from European retailers.

Just having the statlines wont give you enough to play them. While stats have changed between 1st and UWZ (mostly stats being cut) the important differences are in the rules.

/Andreas

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 10:26:19 AM »
Yah, you should save your coin and get the rulebook, dude, you'll be doing yourself a favor most of all. The 1st edition rulebook is nice and all, but it's a collectors' item now and not much else.

Offline veebo

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 11:17:30 AM »
Oh I thought theres no european retailers...Got that!

I have two copys of 1st edition rulebook and the expansion dark eden... Im so cool ;D

« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:20:26 AM by veebo »

Vingthor

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 12:18:47 PM »
Some people still play first edition, so the books are a little more than just collectors editions.

PMP Ving

Offline Catinator

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Yep. The First Edition is a legend. Excellent Artwork, very nice book. The rules were revolutionary that time. It`s a shame they got into the power spiral. Glad I have it on the shelf.   ;D

3rd or Ultimate Edition: Might look expensive, but IMHO well worth the price. About 3 times the thickness of the 1st. Ed. Background mostly intact and expanded, troops from 1st and 2nd ed. incorporated with some new added to the lists as well. Basic game mechanics are the same but enhanced to cover more situations.

The original "Infantry" could be used as Light Infantry but by the look the helmeted versions would be closer to the Heavy Infantry.

Chasseurs: Not as powerful as in the 1st ed. they are still a good and solid troop you can count on. Back than they were a bit of dissappointment as in RPG almost all Chasseurs we have seen wore heavy armour.

There are new Chasseur figs - more clothes but not that much armour.

The "armoured" Chasseurs were the "Enhanced Chasseurs" in the first ed too. Not the best of the figs, but gamewise very useful.

Check out the on-line store too!

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline veebo

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »
Got that.

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »

The original "Infantry" could be used as Light Infantry but by the look the helmeted versions would be closer to the Heavy Infantry.

When it comes to the orginal Capitol Infantry scuplts, the ones with the football helmets are the heavy infantry, while the ones with the baseball caps are supposed to be the light infantry.  Which is tough to tell if you never knew about as the models are the same except for the head.  The football sculpts are also used for the orginal sea lions.  So unless you have the key to decipher the orginal Capitiol models it's pretty easy to end up using them as something else and never knowing the difference. And what they are being used for in UWZ.

Orginal Sealions. (Football players with heads with bandanna's)  now Admiral Colby's guards.
Orginal Infanty (Cartel Peace Keppers)

I believe that sums most of the models for capitol that here arcause most of the confusion.

Offline veebo

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »
Capitol doesnt have enough money to hire "real" mercanerys so they need to use baseball- and bowl teams. ;)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

I personally use the San Dorado nine as a Freedom Brigade.

Also, the football playing heavys are a good substitute for Airborne Rangers.

B
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 11:09:46 PM »
Capitol doesnt have enough money to hire "real" mercanerys so they need to use baseball- and bowl teams. ;)

It's all about market capitalization baby!!! First we start with the sports teams, t-shirts, novelities, advertising, battlefield naming rights and so on. Then it's a on the big stuff like land acquistions, corporate restructuring and some well timed mergers and that's just the start.  If you want to learn how to dominate and control the business world of Mutant Chronicles  then you need to sign up for the Captiol approved 12 step marketing program were thousands of satisfied customers are now making the big bucks.  Here's just few comments from our satifised customers.

"With the Capitol marketing plan, I never thought I would be able to own my company, now I own five," Jim Johnson new owner of the former Mishima automobile parts company Nejikikyou   

See folks that what's this course can do for you.  If you are intrested in signing up for this course please send 500 crowns to the Capitol Department of Marketing.*  (Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery)