Author Topic: Do Mekas require 2 grunt squads from the same Lord Heir?  (Read 4583 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Do Mekas require 2 grunt squads from the same Lord Heir?
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
Mekas are support units specific to each Lord Heir. To qualify for them the 2 grunt squads must be from the same Lord Heir or can be from Kamakura and Tokugowa?

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Re: Do Mekas require 2 grunt squads from the same Lord Heir?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
Based on PFC's feedback, if I interpret it correctly, I'd go for "any grunt" (not only from the same Lord Heir).
That is just for Dark Legion in respects to Apostle and Cult/Horde squads. The Corporations may select freely from grunts in their main forces and their seperate factions. -PFC joe

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:53:51 PM »
Any 2 grunt squads from Mishima are fine.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
we've always played it as they could draw from the general Kamakura list, since the monks were never available...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »

A 'pure vanilla' Mishima force (no specific Lord Heir forces) would be transformed by the presence of Meka into a Lord Heir force since each variant is employed by a different Heir.  I'd call foul if there were 'mixed' Meka types, or Lord Heir forces not compatible with a Meka type, as the Lord Heirs aren't espically noted for their ability or willingness to cooperate with each other.

And FWIW I have fielded monks for a couple of years now  :P  Ask Thom how surprized he was when he encountered them that cold day in Deleware.
Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »

And FWIW I have fielded monks for a couple of years now  :P  Ask Thom how surprized he was when he encountered them that cold day in Deleware.

Oh I remember that day.  He about cussed you out before going all Zen and trying to figure out how to counter that surprise.  I enjoyed watching that one...

And I know my face mustabeen priceless when you sprung them on me.  It's ok though...  it was a fun game.  (My poor Free Marines got the crap beaten out of them.....)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »

I have also, since 2 of them can be proxied by Bushido Samurai, but I have never been able to find a good proxy for Mariko's monks...

that is, until now, or at least in a couple of months...you can either use the Warmachine Daughters of the Flame minis, or better yet, the Urban Mammoth Metroplis Kabuki Doll and Lotus releases, which are coming out soon...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 05:55:15 AM »
Dude, Monks are absolutely harsh.  I've found that screening then with Ashigaru until they get into stabbing range causes the opponents line to collapse like a Flan in a cupboard. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba