Author Topic: Apocalypse underground  (Read 12736 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Apocalypse underground
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 03:13:34 PM »
Apocalypse is not an airstrike it is a spell. It has a range of 24" and requires LOS the bombardment is just desribing that its a bunch of little explosions not 1 large explosion. So if your underground and have LOS and within range cast away.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »
Quote from: komplikator link=topic=2004.msg22720#msg22720 date=
My last idea is disagree with polish faq, where you can`t cast apocalypse on subterrain battlefield, becouse rules says "bombarding" and somebody thining, apocalyse is air strike...

Apocalypse is not "off-board artillery."  It is a Dark Legion power that is channeled (not "called in from above"), and, as such, is able to be "fired" underground.

** edit **

Thanks, Phil.  Way to beat me to the punch.  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline komplikator

• Myself :)
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »
Apocalypse is not "off-board artillery."  It is a Dark Legion power that is channeled (not "called in from above"), and, as such, is able to be "fired" underground.

Yes, I think too... I will suggest that to polish community...
Czech Warzone community

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »
Quote from: komplikator link=topic=2004.msg22726#msg22726 date=
Quote from: dmcgee1 link=topic=2004.msg22723#msg22723 date=

Yes, I think too... I will suggest that to polish community...

Suggest that they go back to the large template, too!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline komplikator

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
Suggest that they go back to the large template, too!  ;D

Heh, yes... we plays small template as polish players too... Polish usualy use smaller tables (about 3x3 - 4x4 feets in comparison with our 6x4 feets tables), I think that`s why they using small templates and have halved deviation for paradeploy... As DL player I want play it with large template...
Czech Warzone community

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »
i bet..  ;D

(and thats why the small template is right..  ;) )
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline komplikator

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 12:50:23 AM »
There is respond on my suggestion on polish wargamer forum:

no. We think that this spell is to powerful, and it is possible to create 1200pts army with circa 16 apocalipse per turn- it isn't fun to play with something like that, so we made it a bit less powerful.
Czech Warzone community

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:14 AM »
I knew that the suggestion would not be accepted.  I do not understand why many of the boards upon which I have seen that the Polish players play are so open.  It is my opinion that that is the cause for their rule changes.  But, this has been discussed before, with the same result.