Author Topic: Origins 2007 Events  (Read 17284 times)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: Origins 2007 Events
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »
Here's the Schedule Boys and Girls

Of course there will be plenty of open gaming and demos offered anytime someone is available!  Hope to see you there.

Chronopia

Thursday, July 5th  
12-4pm  Scheduled Demos

4-6pm  “Press Gang”  Devout battle Firstborn on the High Seas
The Devout have foreseen that control of the Inland Sea is vital in the coming struggle. To secure that end a Necromancer has been sent to build an undead fleet from the vessels he defeats

Friday, July 6th
10-12am “Press Gang”  Devout battle Firstborn on the High Seas
The Devout have foreseen that control of the Inland Sea is vital in the coming struggle. To secure that end a Necromancer has been sent to build an undead fleet from the vessels he defeats

12-2pm “Ancient Writings”  Dwarves and Blackbloods battle for an ancient text of enormous power.
The Dwarves and Black Bloods have both discovered the location of ancient scrolls dating back to the days of the Triad. They both want them, big surprise the Black Bloods won the race and have found the scrolls. Now they have to escape through the Dwarves’ ambush!

2-6pm  “Wells of Al-Kharrib”  Firstborn and Blackbloods battle to control a valuable oasis
In the dessert water is the most valuable commodity. For centuries the Blackbloods have controlled the wells and thru them the trade routes thru the dessert. The One King has dispatched a force to wrest control of the wells from them.

6-8pm   “Ancient Writings”  Dwarves and Blackbloods battle for an ancient text of enormous power.
The Dwarves and Black Bloods have both discovered the location of ancient scrolls dating back to the days of the Triad. They both want them, big surprise the Black Bloods won the race and have found the scrolls. Now they have to escape through the Dwarves’ Ambush.

Saturday, July 7th
10-2pm “Once and Future Kings”  The One King and the False King battle for the fate of humanity
This is what it has all come to, a battle between King's.  The Devout have found the once King that they had deposed.  They raised him up to place him back on the throne they once removed him from.  The one true King has decided to face this threat.

2-6pm  “Wells of Al-Kharrib”  Firstborn and Blackbloods battle to control a valuable oasis
In the dessert water is the most valuable commodity. For centuries the Blackbloods have controlled the wells and thru them the trade routes thru the dessert. The One King has dispatched a force to wrest control of the wells from them.

Warzone

Thursday, July 5th  
12-4pm  “My Father’s House” Nepharites battle for the favor of Algeroth
Ragathol's quest for power has led him to an abandoned Citadel at the Southern Pole of Venus. Here he hopes to rebuild his forces and regain the favor of Algeroth. However there are others who seek to strengthen their ties to the Dark Apostle and gain his favor.

4-8pm “Beyond all Doubt” Raid on a rival corporation's top secret base
You have tried to take your grievance to the Brotherhood. There was nothing they could do at this time. You went to the Cartel to state your grievance. They replied, “What proof have you?” Now you have decided to send in the troops to get the proof.

6-8pm “Escape the Citadel” The Forces of Humanity battle their way thru a Dark Legion Citadel
The cartel has successfully dealt a crippling blow to the newly planted Citadel, taking several casualties themselves. The remaining forces have fought their way to the bowels of the Citadel. However; they must still fight their way through a cavernous maze before reaching safety.

Friday, July 6th
10-2pm “Ultimate Vindication” Cybertronic uncovers a plot against them and goes looking for proof
Cybertronic has been feared, accused, and abused in the past.  We are just a simple corporation trying to find our niche in the universe.  We understand when someone else is falsely accused.  That doesn't mean that we will apologize.

2-4pm “Records Hall” A Capitol strike force is assigned to recover top secret documents from a Mishima records facility
Capitol agents on Mercury have determined the location of a records vault used by Lord Heiress Mariko inside the caverns of Mercury and have decided to take the hall looking for inside information on the business dealings of the Lord heiress. 

6-10pm “Stand to Escape” Having recovered the proof the raiders must now avoid capture and make it to their extraction point
You have been chased a long way. If not you, then your men are tired. You decide to take a stand at any old farmhouse. There you dig in, set up a base and call for evac.  The enemy is coming so are your saviors.  Lets hope you can hold off the enemy long enough to get out.

8-12am “Training Day” Corporate forces battle one another in a MILES exercise
Well trained troops are vital to the defense of humanity. The Cartel has arranged a joint training exercise for several of the corporations to hone their skills before being deployed against the Dark Legion.

Saturday, July 7th
10-2pm “Railhead Raid”  Imperial forces assault a Capitol supply point to keep key reinforcements from the front.
The war on Mars has flared again, and a new unit has been mustered in San Dorado for transport to the front.  Imperial special agents have learned the location of a mustering point at a little used rail station far from the Imperial sectors of the city. A small but specialized force has been tasked to stop this train from delivering its cargo.

2-4pm “Records Hall” A Capitol strike force is assigned to recover top secret documents from a Mishima records facility
Capitol agents on Mercury have determined the location of a records vault used by Lord Heiress Mariko inside the caverns of Mercury and have decided to take the hall looking for inside information on the business dealings of the Lord heiress. 

6-10pm “Training Day” Corporate forces battle one another in a MILES exercise
Well trained troops are vital to the defense of humanity. The Cartel has arranged a joint training exercise for several of the corporations to hone their skills before being deployed against the Dark Legion.

Legions of Steel
Saturday, July 7th
10-12pm “Operation Pandora’s Box” UNE forces attempt to introduce a computer virus into the Overlord computer
The scientists of UNE High Command have developed a rapidly mutating computer virus that should overload the Matrix's defenses and shut down the Overlord Computer on Ionia IV. Of course they don't have to fight their way in and introduce the virus into the

12-2pm “Operation Fenris” UNE forces attempt to capture a new Machine robot to develop counter-measures
A new robot has been seen on the battlefields and it has the ability to take control of UNE armor. UNE High Command has ordered that a prototype of this robot is to be retrieved for study.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 07:29:57 PM by Stalker »
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
Stalker,

For those events Top is supposed to run,  I can try and run a few for him.  I'll need to know which ones they are though.

It's been a while running show events for me but I think I can manage.  Will all necessary figs be there?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 01:39:23 PM »
  It's been a while running show events for me but I think I can manage.  Will all necessary figs be there?

it's easy...all the necessary figs should be there...there are enough of us with a plethora of figs that we can get everything we need...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 04:24:12 PM »
If for some horrible reason Top is unable to run an event that he is assigned to, he has assured me that he will send all necessary materials along with "The Boys from Illinois".  I know that Top has every intention of pulling his own weight (and more) at Origins.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 04:28:36 PM »
Strike that last post.  I should have read the announcements section before responding to this post.  But yes, everything is expected to be there and ALL events will run in accordance to the posted on-line Origins schedule.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »
Strike that last post.  I should have read the announcements section before responding to this post.  But yes, everything is expected to be there and ALL events will run in accordance to the posted on-line Origins schedule.

do you have a file of the other events...I can see if I can help you out with some of the events also, since I'm pretty free other than the 3 events that I'm running and the one that I'm playing in...that and the pickup game that I think I'm playing in....

B...

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 06:24:33 AM »
So, how did things go?
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
things went really well...I didn't get in until late on Thurs, so I can't say how things went on Thurs...

Friday...we had a good turnout overall...I was distracted early with the Capitol/Imperial game vs Archer, but what I saw was promising...the Press Gang event was a huge draw with the public with the huge ships that were displayed...

Sat...by this point, I was delirious with lack of sleep (I was in an event until 4am), but I managed to caffeinate myself to run Railhead Raid, which was a huge hit and saw some of the greatest dice rolling I've ever seen (one of the guys playing in it rolled 17 ones)...

overall, for a group that has no "official" product, we had 37 people sign up to play, most of them had no idea about the game systems, they all looked like they had fun...all was good...

B...

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 07:05:14 PM »
As Sylvas said, the con was a success in spite of the low overall turn-out.  We managed to introduce several new players to the joys of UWZ and Chronopia as well as having many familiar faces from years past show up eagerly looking to play.  My favorite is always talking and playing with those who played the games years ago and, seeing the astonishment on thier faces when they realize that the games are still very much alive! 

There was laughter and fun was had by all.  I only wish that we could have gotten a few more pick-up games in between those of us from the forums.  Games between seasoned players are normaly pretty exciting and can draw a bit of a crowd, thus expanding the games' exposure even more!

ceallion

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
origins went vary well stalker and the rest of the people that ran event did an exlent job. their was plenty of open gameing and all of the event were ran perfectly.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »
I'm glad that you enjoyed it.  We'll see you again next year...if not sooner.