Author Topic: Origins 2007 Events  (Read 17641 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Origins 2007 Events
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:34:33 AM »
This is the list of events that has been submitted to Origins. In addition there will be plenty of room for pick-up games and challenges. The proposed painting events had to be removed as Adam (Halfbad) has had to bow out. Notice there are not many events scheduled for the evening as it has long been a tradition to go out for dinner and then come back and have unscheduled large scale games. I will try to make at least one but Napoli Villa moved from across the street from our HQ hotel to the hotel itself. This means I can eat even more as I do not have to waddle back across the road after eating some of the best Italian food I have ever had.  ;D Oh yeah - gotta mention the cheesecake - LOVE THAT CHEESECAKE  :D

I hope everyone will agree that there is something offered for just about everyone. My thanks to Southpaw, Stalker, Coldthunder, TheOneKing, and Sylvas for volunteering their time to run these events. Without you guys Origins would be Warzone and Chronopia deprived. Also, it would not be near as much fun for me. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting the guys and girls coming for the first time.
=========================================================================================

Warzone - My Father's House
Ragathol’s quest for power has led him to an abandoned Citadel at the Southern Pole of Venus. Here he hopes to rebuild his forces and regain the favor of Algeroth. However there are others who seek to strengthen their ties to the Dark Apostle and gain his favor. Can Ragathol overcome the other Nepharites in the struggle to sit at the right hand of The Dark Lord of War?
3:45   THU 12:00 PM (Noon)

Chronopia - Chronopia Demos
A basic introductory scenario designed to familiarize players with the rules and forces of the Chronopia Universe. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New Players welcome.
3:45   THU 12:00 PM (Noon)

Warzone - Beyond All Doubt
You have tried to take your grievance to the Brotherhood. There was nothing they could do at this time. You went to the Cartel to state your grievance. They replied, “What proof have you?” Now you have decided to send in the troops to get the proof. Your orders are to go to the planet, get samples, down load the files, and return with the proof. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New players welcome.
3:45   THU 4:00 PM

Chronopia - Press Gang
The Devout have foreseen that control of the Inland Sea is vital in the coming struggle. To secure that end a Necromancer has been sent to build an undead fleet from the vessels he defeats. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New Players welcome.
1:45   THU 4:00 PM

Warzone - Escape the Citadel
The cartel has successfully dealt a crippling blow to the newly planted Citadel, but has taken several casualties themselves. The remaining forces have fought their way to the bottom level, however; must fight their way through many, many Cadavers before ultimate victory is won.
1:45   THU 6:00 PM

Warzone - Ultimate Vindication
 Cybertronic has been feared, accused, and abused in the past.  We are just a simple corporation trying to find our niche in the universe.  We understand when someone else is falsely accused.  That doesn't mean that we will apologize.  The proof we find today may be the ultimate vindication for all the accused.  All we have to do is get out with the proof and live to tell our story.  This is a continuation of “Beyond all Doubt”. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New players welcome.
3:45   FRI 10:00 AM

Chronopia - Press Gang
The Devout have foreseen that control of the Inland Sea is vital in the coming struggle. To secure that end a Necromancer has been sent to build an undead fleet from the vessels he defeats. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New Players welcome.
1:45   FRI 10:00 AM

Chronopia - Ancient Writings
The Dwarves and Black Bloods have both discovered the location of ancients scrolls dating back to the days of the Triad. They both want them, big suprize the Black Bloods won the race and have found the scrolls. Now they have to get back out through the Dwarves.
1:45   FRI 12:00 PM (Noon)

Warzone - Records Hall
Capitol agents on Mercury have determined the location of a records vault used by Lord Heiress Mariko inside the caverns of Mercury and have decided to take the hall for inside information on the business dealings of the Lord heiress.  At the time of the attack, Mariko’s right hand man, Toshiro, is in the hall reviewing information from the records for use by the Lord Heiress in a current business dealing when the attack begins.
1:45   FRI 2:00 PM

Chronopia - Wells of Al-Kharrib
In the dessert water is the most valuable commodity. For centuries the Blackbloods have controlled the wells and thru them the trade routes across the dessert. The One King has dispatched a force to wrest control of the wells from them.
3:45   FRI 2:00 PM

Warzone - Escape the Citadel
The cartel has successfully dealt a crippling blow to the newly planted Citadel, but has taken several casualties themselves. The remaining forces have fought their way to the bottom level, however; must fight their way through many, many Cadavers before ultimate victory is won.
1:45   FRI 4:00 PM

Warzone - Stand to Escape
 You have been chased a long way. If not you, then your men are tired. You decide to take a stand at any old farmhouse. There you dig in, set up a base and call for evac.  The enemy is coming so are your saviors.  Lets hope you can hold off the enemy long enough to fight another day. This is a continuation of “Beyond all Doubt”. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New players welcome.
3:45   FRI 6:00 PM

Chronopia - Ancient Writings
The Dwarves and Black Bloods have both discovered the location of ancient scrolls dating back to the days of the Triad. They both want them; big suprize the Black Bloods won the race and have found the scrolls. Now they have to get back out through the Dwarves.
1:45   FRI 6:00 PM

Warzone - Training DayWell trained troops are vital to the defense of humanity. The Cartel has arranged a joint training exercise for several of the corporations to hone their skills before being deployed against the Dark Legion.
3:45   FRI 8:00 PM

Warzone - Railhead Raid
The war on Mars has flared again, and a new unit has been mustered in San Dorado for transport to the front.  Imperial special agents have learned the location of a mustering point at a little used rail station far from the Imperial sectors of the city, and have learned that Orca Battlesuits are being moved from this location as well.  Imperial High Command has formed a small strike force to move in and eliminate the Orcas with Special forces supported by a veteran Trencher unit pulled from the front.  Attacking at night, the Imperials troops notice that the Capitol troops are in a state of unreadiness, thinking that they are safe far inside their own “safe” area and decide to attack.
3:45   SAT 10:00 AM

Chronopia - Once & Future Kings
This is what it has all come to, a battle between King's.  The Devout have found the once King that they had deposed.  They raised him up to place him back on the throne they once removed him from.  The one true King has decided to face this threat, as foreseen in his visions, personally.  The outcome is yet to be seen.  Whoever the winner, the prophets can expect to get there just rewards. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New players welcome.
3:45   SAT 10:00 AM

Legions of Steel - Operation Pandora's Box
The scientists of UNE High Command have developed a rapidly mutating computer virus that should overload the Matrix’s defenses and shut down the Overlord Computer on Ionia IV. Of course they don’t have to fight their way in and introduce the virus into the system. That privilege is all yours. All materials will be provided and rules will be taught. New Players welcome.
1:45   SAT 10:00 AM

Legions of Steel - Operation Fenris
A new robot has been seen on the battlefields and it has the ability to take control of UNE armor. UNE High Command has ordered that a prototype of this robot is to be retrieved for study.
1:45   SAT 12:00 PM (Noon)

Warzone - Records Hall
Capitol agents on Mercury have determined the location of a records vault used by Lord Heiress Mariko inside the caverns of Mercury and have decided to take the hall for inside information on the business dealings of the Lord heiress.  At the time of the attack, Mariko’s right hand man, Toshiro, is in the hall reviewing information from the records for use by the Lord Heiress in a current business dealing when the attack begins.
1:45   SAT 2:00 PM

Chronopia - Wells of Al-Kharrib
In the dessert water is the most valuable commodity. For centuries the Blackbloods have controlled the wells and thru them the trade routes across the dessert. The One King has dispatched a force to wrest control of the wells from them.
3:45   SAT 2:00 PM

Warzone - Training Day
Well trained troops are vital to the defense of humanity. The Cartel has   arranged a joint training exercise for several of the corporations to hone their skills before being deployed against the Dark Legion.
3:45   SAT 6:00 PM
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:36:33 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Origins 2007 Events
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:11:36 AM »
Hey Top...

What are the troops involved in "Railhead Raid"? That sounds like it will be alot of fun....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:14:43 AM »
Capitol vs Imperial IIRC.

Sylvas, I believe this is one of yours can you confirm?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 06:42:33 AM »
Capitol vs Imperial IIRC.

Sylvas, I believe this is one of yours can you confirm?

I know its Cap versus the all-but-DL-in-name Imperials.  Just wondering what units.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
I know its Cap versus the all-but-DL-in-name Imperials.  Just wondering what units.

BLASPHEMER!  :o  ;)

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »

BLASPHEMER!  :o  ;)

SP

Excuse me.... but How else do you explain their finding the Darkness and setting it loose (besides typical Imperial greed and stupidity)?  Or the monstrous shoot-down of Capitol Air on its way to blast the Citadel to kingdom-come?

Please explain... I am certain several Inquisitors would like to know.   ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Easy. Everyone was afraid of the big-bad-scarey-oogie-boogie dark planet, but only the Imperial Conquistadors had the cajones to actually go there, despite the consequences that have been greatly exaggerated. The Dark Legion is just a myth, after all.....

As for shooting down the Capitol ships, they unfortunately found themselves in the middle of a live-fire anti-aircraft drill that just so happened to be going on at precisely that time in precisely that area.

Quite tragic really....quite.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
Easy. Everyone was afraid of the big-bad-scarey-oogie-boogie dark planet, but only the Imperial Conquistadors had the cajones to actually go there, despite the consequences that have been greatly exaggerated. The Dark Legion is just a myth, after all.....

Oh Inquisitor?  Heretic in Aisle Five...

As for shooting down the Capitol ships, they unfortunately found themselves in the middle of a live-fire anti-aircraft drill that just so happened to be going on at precisely that time in precisely that area.

Suuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee...  sure they did.  And I imagine you have a mighty-fine bridge to sell me too.

Quite tragic really....quite.

Yeah right...  whats more tragic is the large amount of Letters the IDF is going to have to send out to a whole lotta families 'cause their supieriors were Stupid.  Are they really looking to have that many widows go to the Wolves for vengence 'cause their Clans and the IDF can't do the job?

Sumthin' tells me that Lord H and his rabble might be getting some reinforcements... ;)

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »
Railhead Raid is a strike force of Imperial Special Forces with fire support troops raiding a Capitol muster station full of fresh troops for the front lines in an attempt to knockout a cargo of those nasty Orcas before they can really become a nuisance...

hey Top...this game was supposed to be run twice also, but I can run it some evening for those that want to play it again...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »
Sylvas -
Check your PM's

Southpaw -
Your version of events is most pleasing. Of course the Dark Legions do not exist. As if there was something other than the indominatble spirit of man that could influence the course of events in this universe. We are most pleased that men of strong spirit and trust in the destiny of humanity have begun to push back the darkness of myth and legend.

Archer -
Calling on your talismans and sooth-sayers....How typical of those without the spirit to allow others to seize their destiny and mold it to their will. Have you not seen thru the charade yet? Do you not understand that the Brotherhood has enslaved you to be their obsequious slaves, providing them with sustenance and wealth as they deny you your destiny and independence. Humanity has but one hope and that is for men of courage, such as Southpaw to seize the day and free humanity from it's self-imposed servitude
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:19:51 PM by Topkick »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:06:39 PM »
Lies!  Heresy!  Fools-to dabble in realms you do not understand in search of worldly power!  Like children playing with a broken television that is still plugged in.  You will come to the Brotherhood crying when you are shocked!  Seek us now, before it is too late.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »
Lies!  Heresy!  Fools-to dabble in realms you do not understand in search of worldly power!  Like children playing with a broken television that is still plugged in.  You will come to the Brotherhood crying when you are shocked!  Seek us now, before it is too late.

We do seek you. We seek you in the alleys, in the brothels, in the drug dens, in all the environs of Luna that you pretend to preach against but secretly long to control. We seek to expose you to the light you proclaim to shine on humanity but secretly use to blind the human populace to the machinations of your slave trade. Enthralled and subjugated by you, humanity withers and stagnates. In freedom there is truth and it is the freedom from your tyranny that brave members of the Corporations strive to bring to their brothers. Humanity has never functioned well under dictators and for a millenia you have dictated to humanity. Your repression and stagnation of humanity shall prove to be your undoing. Even now, the first patriots begin to seek that most precious of all rights - freedom. Your days are numbered and your time is nigh.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »
hey Top...

if you still want to run the painting clinics, I'll be available to run them after I get there, which should be sometime Thurs night (planning on going straight to the con, then over to Stalker's place)...

let me know if you still want that to go on...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »
I'll personally vouch for the painting knowledge and quality of Sylvas.  He has been commissioned to add life and color to any and all of my FirstBorn Army.  He makes their armor glint, reflecting the rays of sun and even shadows the underside!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »
The events are all posted for Origins at www.originsgames.com!!!  You can search under minis events and then just look for anything sponsored by the Midwest Crusaders Club.  I'll try to get them posted here for easy viewing but until then you can go check them out on Origins site.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.