Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles RPG  (Read 11403 times)

Vingthor

Re: Mutant Chronicles RPG
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 06:11:34 AM »
 There is nothing wrong with the Background charts. Criminal history is often a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A few weapons may seem strange but a little common sense fixes everything. Nobody had time in my games to question grenades or much of anything else.  ;D

PMP Ving

Offline zebuleon

• Journeyman
    • 731 Studios
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 02:42:56 PM »
I like the background creation too, its the best out there for character creation.  the biggest problem I have with the system is how easy it is to max out in your main skills before you even start out playing.  It never really offered any growth for non-powergamers.  Also the art system is a bit heavy to.  Overall it could be simplified quite a bit and still not loose the intended flavor.

But it was/is better than any d20 product out there.  D20 is really only good for D&D anything else is a waist of time and money.  Level based game are so eighties.

Vingthor

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 11:16:51 PM »
 Just make a cut off for the number of career repetitions and then there isn't as many high skill levels.

PMP Ving

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 06:48:40 AM »
Never tried the RPG but the character creation sounds quite a bit like the old Traveller system
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Vingthor

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 08:14:46 AM »
 Kind of like the I.C.E. system.

Not as time consuming or as confusing.

PMP Ving

Offline ImperialGlory

• Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 10:15:44 PM »
Most of those complaints seem very minor.  I do have a problem with the amount of times that characters get charged with crimes when you take large numbers of background repetitions, but consiering the whole Dark Age of Techno Fanatasy setting, I don't mind the jams or weak grenade damage considering it's a setting where people are supposed to run up and assault people with Claymores.
Some talk of Alexander, And some of Hercules
Of Hector and Lysander, And such great names as these.
But of all the world's great heroes, There's none that can compare
With a tow, row, row, row, row, row,
To the British Grenadier!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 01:04:02 PM »
I had a character who actually went the opposite way and wound up idly rich due to really lucky career roles.  Made it fun to come up with an excuse for him to be in the military.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 04:19:11 PM »
Actually, I was thinking of converting the game over to either GURPS, or Deadlands.  I'm leaning towards deadlands since it already has a magic system (for The Art) and the combat system is ok (and nicely deadly).

Hmm.... possibly Godlike... since I *heart* me the combat system in that game.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Onikage

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 03:40:20 AM »
I hope that MC rpg back to stores in a short time  :)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 09:11:42 AM »
I don't know if there are plans to re-release it though, and it really does need a make-over.  You can still find the old books around, though.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba