Author Topic: False Leads  (Read 24819 times)

Psyborg

Re: False Leads
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 06:06:27 AM »
So, if I say, "for every one, there is one," this means that there isn't one unless there's two?
Are you a Lawyer or Politician by any chance?

For every one there is one means that for one there is one: for two there are two.

It does not mean that for one half there is one or that for one and a half there are two.

It is VERY clear to me and my group.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »

To summarize we have:
- Two different interpretations of how many cards you get to take in games that aren't 500, 100o, 1500 etc. This will only be a problem when you face someone who does it differently. It will only remain a problem for the 2 seconds it takes you to choose one or the other though.

- The debate is starting to stall and while noone has insulted anyone yet we do not want that to happen.

Conclusion:
Let it rest and if we are all nice we will get an explanation of how it is supposed to be later.

/Andreas

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 10:15:06 AM »
Kudos to you Coil for your excellent summary adn call for restraint. Good Karma is coming your way  :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 03:39:48 PM »
Works for me.  Thanks, everyone, for the input.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline behemoth

• Journeyman
    • Kimmo's Corner
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 10:55:05 PM »
Nice Coil ... spoken like a true mod!
"Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right."
-Motorhead

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 09:48:29 AM »
I have come around on my way of thinking about this.  I am now of the mind that 1 False Lead for every 500 points means the following:

1 - 499 PC - NO False Leads (the force is too small to effectively pull off a distration or feint manuever)
500 - 999 PC - 1 False Lead
1000 - 1499 PC - 2 False Leads
etc.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 08:19:58 PM »
that seems to be logical...

another question...shouldn't there be an officer present in the force?...I don't think that the rules say anything to that effect...

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 04:59:50 PM »
I don't think that an officer would be required but it would make sense in order to pull off the guile.  In battles 500+ I don't think that this would be a problem.  Except for the rare occasion, I don't see how anyone wouldn't bring an officer with that many points.  They're just too useful.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005, 02:02:35 AM »
It doesn't neccessarily have to be about guile and intentional deception. The cards and Blind Deployment also simulates the fog of war and the fact that you do not know exactly where the enemy is and who he is.

I still maintain the view that it's two cards for a 750 pt battle and that even battles with a point limit under 500 still get at least one card. The cards are fun and a unique part of UWZ and Chronopia and their use should be encouraged to the fullest.

The FAQ team is divided on the issue though. What I said earlier still applies though. Play it however you want and if you should meet someone who plays it differently just settle the issue before starting. Shouldnt take more than 4 seconds. :)

/Andreas

Offline CATerpilar

• Faith is our shield
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 02:50:14 PM »
Play it however you want and if you should meet someone who plays it differently just settle the issue before starting. Shouldnt take more than 4 seconds. :)

4 seconds and 3 pages of disscusion with no final solution  ;).

It must be writen on FAQ because of "ruleseaters".

For me its all about propositional calculus and my english bit rusty (read it bad) so i cannot bring my two cents but my opinium is that it must be clarificated in oficial FAQ or you will risk holly war between those with blue caps and those with red caps  ;)
"the loudest sound ever is click when you want to hear bang and bang when you want to hear click"

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 11:06:44 AM »
About False leads:
does the false lead need to be the same as one of the real units, or can it be a different one?
e.g. my army has no hidden units.
I could say the false lead is the hidden unit, so I can activate it during the first turn without revealing it. I could keep doing the same every turn, just to force my opponent to activate more of his units before mine, if it's convenient for me.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 05:04:58 PM »
Just to add my two cents. I feel the flase lead is important. Just agree before the game or go by a strict ruling of the rules. I like at least having one up to 499. It adds a little bit of deception to your deployment.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline chribu

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 03:38:12 AM »
Maybe I should have opened a new thread, as I'm really asking something different, though still related to False Leads?

Offline chribu

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 06:43:07 AM »
any help on this guys? I have a tournament this week end... ::)