Author Topic: Apocalypse underground  (Read 12733 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Apocalypse underground
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:52:42 PM »
Can Apocalypse be used in an underground map (corridors, etc)?
In an outside map, will Apocalypse affect miniatures covered by roofs (e.g. inside buildings)?

Offline komplikator

• Myself :)
Re: Apocalypse underground
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:04:59 AM »
Can Apocalypse be used in an underground map (corridors, etc)?
In an outside map, will Apocalypse affect miniatures covered by roofs (e.g. inside buildings)?

In Czech we plays apocalypse in underground as normal...

When explosion template covers open ground and close building, then models in building are unaffected...
 but... apocalypse can destroy roof of this building and next one can make its job as normal
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 01:16:56 AM by komplikator »
Czech Warzone community

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:18:01 AM »
never heard or read any rule that said you cant.
the only thing you need is to be in range and have LOS to target if said roof blocks LOS then your kinda screwed.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:51 AM »
if said roof blocks LOS then your kinda screwed.

I could just aim at the front door and hit everyone inside?  ;D

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 07:47:15 AM »

is the door open or closed?

Offline komplikator

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »

I think NO :) But, if that door will be open, than YES, but not all.  Adhere to the rules logic for buildings from 1st edition or chronopia rules...

I think you can cast spell into building thru windows or open doors to point inside buildings. Then will be affected all inside target room and template...
Czech Warzone community

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 04:22:34 AM »

I think NO :) But, if that door will be open, than YES, but not all.  Adhere to the rules logic for buildings from 1st edition or chronopia rules...

I think you can cast spell into building thru windows or open doors to point inside buildings. Then will be affected all inside target room and template...

totally agree with you :)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:54 AM »
Yes the spell can be cast thru doors and windows. The spell would affect someone behind a wall if there's no roof as long as the templete covered them.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline komplikator

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 03:15:07 AM »
I was read apocalypse rule again... Someone think that is air strike, becouse rules says: "The area is bombarded with numerous powerful explosions"... But nothink say it is airstrike... I think the word "bomarded" in that context means somethink like "My boss was bombarded me with objectives", He do not take a plane and do not drop task on me from air... But it means lots of tasks what I have to do...
Czech Warzone community

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Dragon62 link=topic=2004.msg19030#msg19030 date=
Yes the spell can be cast thru doors and windows. The spell would affect someone behind a wall if there's no roof as long as the templete covered them.

I disagree with the template affected someone who is completely hidden by intervening structures that are strong enough to withstand the blast.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
As far as I know Templete weapons/spells do go over wall and unless there is a roof or overhang that covers the model it is affected. Its one of those logic out the window rules.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »
Quote from: Dragon62 link=topic=2004.msg22701#msg22701 date=
As far as I know Templete weapons/spells do go over wall and unless there is a roof or overhang that covers the model it is affected. Its one of those logic out the window rules.

Flamethrowers, shotguns, and other directly placed templates are impeded by walls - why wouldn't they work for other templates?  Now, if the attack(s) destroys the intervening edifice, then I would say that any models under the template are effected.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
I may have missed it but where does it say they are impeded.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »
To me, it has always been an issue of common sense, though I believe that I posited this to Thom once when the question arose regarding an opening in the wall.  He stated (IIRC) that the wall would stop the template (much like a roof would, from above).

But, if the models were under the template, and there was a reasonable opening in the wall, then the models were effected.

Offline komplikator

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 02:58:40 PM »
My last idea is disagree with polish faq, where you can`t cast apocalypse on subterrain battlefield, becouse rules says "bombarding" and somebody thining, apocalyse is air strike...
Czech Warzone community