Author Topic: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions  (Read 20856 times)

Wedge

Re: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
I land at 3 pm Friday and with Customs and stuff it's probably going to be at least 7 or 8 pm until I arrive in Philly.

If we stay and play in Philly, I will join you at the hotel afterward and we'll split the cost of the room.  Sound good?

Of course it goes without saying... steaks and bear afterward at the nearest MEAT INFESTED restaraunt!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »

Of course it goes without saying... steaks and beer afterward at the nearest MEAT INFESTED restaraunt!

Hmmm.  Sounds very good.  If we are playing near McGee/Slater, I think Dave knows a good stake joint.

If its up by me, I know a few locations for decent beef and beer. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »
Just got my schedule and I'am off Friday,Sat,and Sunday that Weekend.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »
Thom was suggestin' to me the Comfort Inn on Delaware Avenue.  It's a cab ride from the airport, but I'm sure we'll have people to make airport pickups, and 30th Street Station Train Pickups. 

The weekend of the 19th and 20th of May is slowly coming together.  Stay tuned.

I'll have a sofa bed for one (dogs in the house, no allergies!) if someone comes early and wants to save a night's hotel stay.  I'm sure Thom and some others will have some too.  Much work to be done!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »
Thom was suggestin' to me the Comfort Inn on Delaware Avenue.  It's a cab ride from the airport, but I'm sure we'll have people to make airport pickups, and 30th Street Station Train Pickups. 

The weekend of the 19th and 20th of May is slowly coming together.  Stay tuned.

I'll have a sofa bed for one (dogs in the house, no allergies!) if someone comes early and wants to save a night's hotel stay.  I'm sure Thom and some others will have some too.  Much work to be done!!

Good report, Josh.

Investigate that hotel as soon as you can or Dave, if you can.  If we can get this ironed out quickly the Boys from Illinois can come out too, knowing we have a location and a Hotel.

Topkick, 30th Street Station is an Amtrak stop, IIRC.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
Yup,  30th street station is an Amtrak stop.

'Just got off the phone with Thom, and told him this event is snowballin'!!!  He's going to help me find the conference room.  He took great delight breakin' my balls today, but I'm grateful he's helping.  He'll know things like good conference room pricing, room size for what we need, etc., far better than me.  He's happy to hear how this is shaping up, and will probably chime in here soon.  Anyone have a Dwarf Keeper Goading Spear???
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 12:13:57 PM »
Will Thom and the rest of the Excelsior staff be attending?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
Yup,  30th street station is an Amtrak stop.

'Just got off the phone with Thom, and told him this event is snowballin'!!!  He's going to help me find the conference room.  He took great delight breakin' my balls today, but I'm grateful he's helping.  He'll know things like good conference room pricing, room size for what we need, etc., far better than me.  He's happy to hear how this is shaping up, and will probably chime in here soon.  Anyone have a Dwarf Keeper Goading Spear???

Sounds good!

I imagine he might be able to do the negotiating for the room too... Next time you chat with him, explain its looking like 10 person Minimum attendance, if my thinking is even close to correct on who's coming.

two to three from Illinois, Wedge, Coil, the Philly group and the Maplewood Dogs of War...  maybe even  :o Williamson and Refsland, if I can get ahold of Bill... and you have the makings of a good size game day.  ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Wedge

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 04:10:30 PM »
Can you believe this?  I knew I should have purchased my ticket yesterday.  I waited one more day and the price jumped an extra $65!   :o

I swear it's a racket...

Anyway I finally have my plane tickets and here is my itinerary.

I arrive at Philly International on Saturday at 6:50am.  I know it's early morning but that's the best I could do.  If someone is coming to pick me up I'll buy them a coffee!

I depart out of the same airport on Monday at 7:10am.  I tried for Sunday but there are no flights leaving in the mid to late afternoon.  I didn't want to leave at 7:10am on Sunday.  That would have been a 24 hour turnaround.  I'd rather stay an extra day in a hotel or at someone's house and visit (or game some more?).  At any rate... there it is.

I am looking forward to hanging out and playing some game of Warzone and Chronopia with you guys.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
If you are coming in on Sat morn Ill come get ya. I know the airport like the back of my had seening as I drive a limo for a living ;D Give me your info in a PM and Ill make sure Im there.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 04:13:37 AM »
If you are coming in on Sat morn Ill come get ya. I know the airport like the back of my had seening as I drive a limo for a living ;D Give me your info in a PM and Ill make sure Im there.

Philly,

Thank you for stepping up and offering to get the man.  It is appreciated!!! (Karma on the way!)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 05:56:04 AM »
Josh I have the dwarf from the box Talon gate is that what your looking for?

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »

Thanks!  I appreciate it immensely (positive Karma to you)!

I have the flight information at my home email address.  When I get home I will PM it to you.

I can't wait to game with you guys!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 02:28:38 PM »
Josh If you and Thom can nail down the Hotel and Conference room ASAP see if there's a discount if some rooms are rented. We need to know the cost  so it can be prepayed for.  It is only 6 weeks away and we want as many as possible to attend. I'am sorry I'am not close to the area to give you a hand. Phil

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »
Josh also ask Thom about the 4 Tables that we have used in the past at conventions. We are going to need all we can get. I would say we are going to come in at 15 to 20+ people if all show.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69