Author Topic: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions  (Read 21683 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 05:07:15 AM »
If I can make the trip ALL THE WAY from CALIFORNIA I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Southpaw *cough* *cough* Topkick *cough*  ;)

Heehee...  Hell, I am going to Origins- something I've not been to since it was in Philly back in '95.  I think with some smart calculating and coordination, they too can come out and maybe split cost of a room or something.

You sure you should be travelling with that bad cold Wedge?  ;D

I think the Boys From Illinois are being called out. Unjustly I might add, No one has asked if we plan on being in attendence to welcome Coil and the new Master Sergeant. For all they know I have already reserved a banquet hall for a feast in their honor.

BTW - as long as we are playing this game - If we can make the trip ALL THE WAY from ILLINOIS I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Sylvas *cough* *cough* Stalker *cough* *cough* One King *cough*

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 05:10:54 AM »
what is "TSA" offical sign?

ok now I feel dumb. ::) :P

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 06:40:36 AM »
I think the Boys From Illinois are being called out. Unjustly I might add, No one has asked if we plan on being in attendence to welcome Coil and the new Master Sergeant. For all they know I have already reserved a banquet hall for a feast in their honor.

BTW - as long as we are playing this game - If we can make the trip ALL THE WAY from ILLINOIS I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Sylvas *cough* *cough* Stalker *cough* *cough* One King *cough*

Ya know...  I think this could turn into a real party if all those who can spend a bit of coin come out.  Most of you guys are folks I'd never get to see except maybe at Origins.  If then...

C'mon out gents... get some grudge matches in.  Challenge folks to bring their best armies and their A game and see if you can whip 'em.  The top five armies out here are:

McGee and his Krauts (his DL is damn tough too)
Dodge and his Cyber (rocket and CC hell)
Archer and his Cartel (better informal record than his cyber)
Masherking and Lord H. (Have to admit... the man has a rep!)
Slater and his &^%$#&@@!! Dwarves  (oh I *hate* his little bastards)

I know there are a few of you wanting to take a crack at these armies...  this is a golden opportunity to do so... and meet others from this forum so faces can be put to names.  (btw- Masherking is as big a trip in person as he is here)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Wedge

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »
I don't want to start talking trash or anything (shyeah right)... but I have a Semai army (1000pts) that has only lost once in about twelve matches.  Granted... I've only played four different people with it, but it is a pretty good force.  I'm reluctant to show the army list, but even if I did, you know it wouldn't be the REAL one since I'd be staying true to the name of my favorite dark master--the deceiver.

I will definitely bring THAT particular force to play.

As for my SoK army... well, they've seen their share of defeats and moments of glory against all kinds of armies.  I do, however, particularly enjoy crushing dwarves.  So if that is any trash talking at all... let it be known that I have dumped a particularly small can of trash in front anyone silly enough to play dwarves.  Like the scrutinous spartans, as soon as a dwarf is born they should be cast out for their imperfections.  Stumpy legs... women with facial hair, very small... feet.  You get the picture.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 07:15:32 AM »
so from what I see here we have a date May 19th
As soon as you gents nail down a location I'll rally the men of Maplewood.

oh man with Coil flying in my butt kicking skills will reach international levels.
                                                      nice. 8)

.....go get'em Lord H. show'em who rules bartertown

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 07:19:10 AM »
For our friends that are traveling from far off if you cant bring mini's I have plenty of armies and would be happy to let you use them. I have Capital, Bauhaus, Imperial, Mishima, Cybertronic, Cartel, Brotherhood, Dark Legion-Cult, Horde, Semia, Mauwjhie, Illian, and for chronopia I have Firstbornand Swampgoblins. I can share a room if needed. Look forward to seeing you all.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 07:23:53 AM »
For our friends that are traveling from far off if you cant bring mini's I have plenty of armies and would be happy to let you use them. I have Capital, Bauhaus, Imperial, Mishima, Cybertronic, Cartel, Brotherhood, Dark Legion-Cult, Horde, Semia, Mauwjhie, Illian, and for chronopia I have Firstbornand Swampgoblins. I can share a room if needed. Look forward to seeing you all.

I'll keep your offers in mind... especially the borrowing of the Semai army and the room sharing.  I am pretty sure Coil and I will room together or hopefully share some floor space at a local's home.  I don't bite and I do have all my shots.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
Oh at the end of this, so many dead bodies....
       ....to pave the road for Lord H. 's victory lap  8)

and Wedge dont know what Dwarves you play with  but my Dark Tusk take no guff from half naked men "running free" though woods and bonding  ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:09:51 AM by masherking »

Wedge

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »
...Wedge dont know what Dwarves you play with  but my Dark Tusk take no guff from half naked men "running free"
though woods and bonding  ;)

Cool... those are exactly the type of Dwarves that I've routinely destroyed.  In fact, my Warhounds are particularly fond of totem pork chops.  They've taken that bad boy down twice... by themselves...

But again... I'm not trash talking... not at all...  ;)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »
...Wedge dont know what Dwarves you play with  but my Dark Tusk take no guff from half naked men "running free"
though woods and bonding  ;)

Cool... those are exactly the type of Dwarves that I've routinely destroyed.  In fact, my Warhounds are particularly fond of totem pork chops.  They've taken that bad boy down twice... by themselves...

Just so you know... his totems are also vulnerable to Warhawks.  I managed to drop BOTH of them with a bunch of birds.  ;D :D ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »
dwarves are on record calming Bird Flu is what drop the mighty beast.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »
Have added more spiders to swamp goblin list should be able to take down bird totems now. ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »
Okay guys.  Here's the skinny on my plane tickets.  I cannot fly into Washington DC and then drive up with Coil.  It will cost me an extra $200 in airfare.  Believe it or not it is cheaper to fly directly into Philly.  That being said, the lowest fares I can get either put me there at 0650 in the morning on Saturday or late Thursday night at 2100.  Amazingly there are no Friday arrival times that I can find... at least not in my price range.  Friday is just a bad day I guess.

Having said all this, is there anyone who can pick me up from the airport?  Or are we going to rent out a place close to the airport?  I imagine I will still share a hotel room with Coil near the airport if we go that route.  If we are playing somewhere else and someone wants to put us intrelopers up for the night on Saturday that would be outstanding.  What's the skinny on the location so far?

I need to know pretty soon so that I don't miss out on these ticket prices.  :-\

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »

Having said all this, is there anyone who can pick me up from the airport?  Or are we going to rent out a place close to the airport?  I imagine I will still share a hotel room with Coil near the airport if we go that route.  If we are playing somewhere else and someone wants to put us intrelopers up for the night on Saturday that would be outstanding.  What's the skinny on the location so far?

I need to know pretty soon so that I don't miss out on these ticket prices.  :-\

I have not heard from the Location Minions yet... but I expect to soon.

If you must come in Thursday, I am certain one of us can get you and take you to a hotel/put you up.  If you come in Saturday early,  Getting you is not an issue- especially if we are playing near the airport. :)

Dave and Josh- any update available please?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 11:22:15 AM »
I land at 3 pm Friday and with Customs and stuff it's probably going to be at least 7 or 8 pm until I arrive in Philly.