Author Topic: Post Archercon  (Read 17001 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Post Archercon
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 04:32:18 AM »
Never beaten at a convention- usually because you are running the Event. :)

For the longest time, I could say I was the the highest overall in many a tourney but never won- because I usually had to play "filler" to even out the players and I tended to tackle the tougher players and keeping them with the rest of the pack. (Sorry Phill)

When I finally played in a tourney as a *Player*, I tended to win out- with the last Dexcon tourney I played in being a squeaker of an overall.  I wanted to get to that ranking event but couldn't make it.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Wedge

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »
Talaminiatures Open...

Is there a golden jacket involved?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »
Here are some pics from Archercon

Bill trying to figure out how to play a Thom designed army: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Phillysniper/img036.jpg

The spanker: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Phillysniper/img033.jpg

The spankee: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Phillysniper/img035.jpg

CK trying to design a force that will beat the MACHINE < on a machine at that  ;Dhttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Phillysniper/img032.jpg
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 11:39:39 AM »
Archer's already got my number Bryon, why'dja have to type "spanker" and "spankee"!!!!   :P

I'm doomed I tells ya.  Doomed.

P.S. I know better than to play either of you for money in poker.  At least when I'm sober.  ;D

Thanks for taking some pics Bryon.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 11:54:15 AM »
Talaminiatures Open...

Is there a golden jacket involved?

No... but if he asks Les nicely, she can probably sew up a scarf or something.  ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »
Archer's already got my number Bryon, why'dja have to type "spanker" and "spankee"!!!!   :P

I'm doomed I tells ya.  Doomed.

Dunno who I want done in first- the Devout or the Dwarves.; I guess whoever I face next.

("Ooooooo we hates the dwarves...")

Desert crusaders and more Black Sisters being painted this week.  Sisters need about five minutes of work each and they are table ready.  Crusaders a bit more (maybe fifteen each)...  Dunno if I will bring them or the beefed up "Machine" to the Between Books game day.  8)

P.S. I know better than to play either of you for money in poker.  At least when I'm sober.  ;D

Smart man you are...

Thanks for taking some pics Bryon.

What he said.  thanks Bryon.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »
First off, I am a bit cheesed at work and at the weather - I will make the next event.  As for the after gaming poker, I hope y'all bring buy-back cash.  You'll need it.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 03:32:21 PM »
Never beaten at a convention- usually because you are running the Event. :)

For the longest time, I could say I was the the highest overall in many a tourney but never won- because I usually had to play "filler" to even out the players and I tended to tackle the tougher players and keeping them with the rest of the pack. (Sorry Phill)

When I finally played in a tourney as a *Player*, I tended to win out- with the last Dexcon tourney I played in being a squeaker of an overall.  I wanted to get to that ranking event but couldn't make it.

Correct Sir. The only COnvention I have not been running at and played in one on one games was the 2nd Ranking Tournament in North Carolina.

So quickly do they learn the lessons you inspire o' Master of Deciet   :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890