Author Topic: Does Survival Training (and Hazmat, etc.) help with weapon jams?  (Read 4342 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Does Survival Training (and, thereby, Filter Masks, Hazmat Suits, Enviromental Suits, etc.) help with weapon jams and other environmental effects that don't affect the model, per se?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Does Survival Training (and Hazmat, etc.) help with weapon jams?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 04:12:08 AM »
I dont think it should have any effect on weapon jams.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 05:54:58 AM »
As a Hazmat suit, Rebreather, etc, shouldn't help with effects like Reduced Visibility, or Movement, I don't see how it could help with weapons jams, etc. If it cannot help with one Automatic Limitation, I dont think that it should be able to help with any other.

Hazmat Suits dont let you see through blinding snow or dense jungle any easier, nor do they move the bushes and snowdrifts out of your way.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 12:16:02 PM »
Sounds logical to me.  Thanks.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:53:09 PM »
It's quite clear that survival training is used as a 'test'.  Equipment that adds to a unit's survival training score modifies any tests vs survival training.   The weapon jam effect, visibility, and movement penalties imposed by hostile environments do not test against survival training, therefore are unaffected by survival training/equipment.

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 03:34:03 PM »
Another logical answer.  Well stated Daikoku-san.