Author Topic: Is paradeploy compulsory?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Is paradeploy compulsory?
« on: March 16, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
A) Is paradeploy compulsory? (Or can units be deployed normally using unit cards)
B) If A is true, what if the map does not allow paradeploying? (e.g. indoors scenario)

The paradeploy ability text seems to disallow the choice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Is paradeploy compulsory?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 03:36:58 PM »
They're not deployed as normal using unit cards. When playing an indoors/underground common sense tells you they cant para-deploy but they can be used as a normal unit deploy in your deployment zone.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 05:57:00 AM »
Phil is correct.

To clarify, even on maps where paradeploy may be used, Paradeploy troops may be deployed normally, during setup, using (or not using) a unit card.  Para-deploy is, merely, another way that a troop may be deployed.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:39:36 PM »
Ah, thanks, interesting!

Uhm, what do you mean by "using (or not using) a unit card"?
Using a unit card = as other standard units
Not using a unit card = models straight in the open in deployment zone? Can all units choose this type of deployment?

Offline komplikator

• Myself :)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:35 AM »
Ah, thanks, interesting!

Uhm, what do you mean by "using (or not using) a unit card"?
Using a unit card = as other standard units
Not using a unit card = models straight in the open in deployment zone? Can all units choose this type of deployment?

It is agreement of both players whether will use deploy cars or not.
Czech Warzone community

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:38 PM »
You are correct. Most of the time here we use deployment cards, but I have played serveral games without them.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
komplikator is correct.  The players, themselves, decide whether unit cards will be used.

Nuts - Phil beats me to the post, again!  Thanks, Phil.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline drnovice

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 04:12:37 AM »
Ok but when I don't play an indoors/underground can I deploy them as a normal unit deploy in your deployment zone, or is paradeploy compulsory in NON indoors/underground ?? ???

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 05:11:17 AM »
To clarify, even on maps where paradeploy may be used, Paradeploy troops may be deployed normally, during setup, (...) Para-deploy is, merely, another way that a troop may be deployed.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
never was much of a discussion in our group...we always used them in normal deployment situations, but we also use a lot of terrain out here...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 01:59:15 PM »
Para-deploy is not compulsory - it is a skill that may be used - not a skill that must be used.  If you choose to set the unit card up in the deployment zone, like any other normal unit, it will not be able to use para-deploy, but in all respects, it acts normally - whether the battle is underground, indoors, outdoors, or wherever.