Author Topic: Cerulean Horde Backstory.  (Read 10628 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Cerulean Horde Backstory.
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:06:06 AM »
So, what is the Cerulean Horde you ask?

I'll give you the backstory from Thom.

For those of you immersed in the fluff of the second edition, you're well aware of the Elves campaign of destruction against the dragons of Chronopia, including the stealing of their young to utilize as their Dragonbane mounts. 

Well they missed one.

A few survivors of the Dragon Clan Dwarven massacre have sought him out, as this last dragon has been under the sea for the last hundreds of (thousand?) years "genetically engineering" sealife.  When he learns of the fate of the dragons and the Dragon Clan Dwarves, he's ****ed.  I mean ****ed.  So he sets loose the Cerulean Horde against the Elves, and the Vulture Clan.  The idea is very focused; if you want to come between their enemies and the Horde, you're fair game as well. 

The Dragon Clan was wiped out for the most part, but part of the Horde may consist of "infiltrators" that have joined the other clans.  This would mean gamewise that you could have some legion troops from the other Dwarf clans to go with the horde.  The Dragon Clan Gunners are not armed with blackpowder; their guns are more like bioweapons than firearms.  The Cerulean Mists comes from the blue mists that come off of the magic that the Horde employs against their enemies. 

That's all for now.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

Re: Cerulean Horde Backstory.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:23:23 AM »
Hmmm, pretty cool, now if only we had stats and minis we would be good to go.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »
Was this something that was in the works under Target? It seems like it would kind of fit with the fomorians IKORE did for Celtos.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:58:08 AM »
Nope.  All Thom Talamini.  People don't realize all the bits that he put into the game that Target didn't.
Prime example is the whole relation of the Jade House Elves and the Swamp Goblins.  The Jade House Ascended, Embraced, and Thorn of the Lotus are all his inventions.

The amount of collating from the original first edition book and four sourcebooks was indeed a valiant effort.  I still yell at him regarding the editing, but play wise, I've never heard any of the old heads complain that the 2nd Excelsior edition with the new point costs and statistics was anything but an improvement over the original. 

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »
Some of the models have been in the works, but who knows if we'll get this stuff.  The Horde was just the tip of the iceberg.  The new book was to have many more special abilities, the new flying rules (okay, but I feel unnescessary), the fear redux, which I thought was unnescessary as well, and a whole slew of new troops and models for the different factions.  You can get an idea of what was going on from Coki's site.

www.kerlin.de/chronopia

The table of contents is on there.

"If we only had the models" applies to much more than just the new ideas. 

In the meantime, stay tuned in April for some new army ideas for existing models, from companies other than Target/Excelsior in pdf format on this forum.

Cheers.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »
In the meantime, stay tuned in April for some new army ideas for existing models, from companies other than Target/Excelsior in pdf format on this forum.

Cheers.

Good news....very good news indeed.....

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »
Very Cool :).  Keep it com'n, I like what I see.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Jase

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 04:42:44 AM »
Shame these didn't see the light of day, premise sounds really good. Seems to me the Koralon aliens from I kore would make perfect Cerulean figures, both being aquatic and could be classed as a "dragonman" in the way the Stygian are "lizardmen".

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 06:03:36 AM »
Well, there goes the first surprise army list I'm drawing up!!!  Thom was over the other night and agreed once I stat out the Araktons, Larvan, Broodmaster, Hydra, Harpykons, and a few I'm forgetting, they will be the first "taste" of the Mists so people can play more armies with the Excelsior Game Engine.

The second army list however will be something completely different.  Here's hoping people will enjoy some other models against what they already have.  The second army list is from a relatively new company and those models are available now.  The Koralon may not be so easy to find. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 06:39:33 AM »
Was this something that was in the works under Target? It seems like it would kind of fit with the fomorians IKORE did for Celtos.

A lot of things I-KORE made are reminisent of things that were released  by Excelsior. Heck for awhile I thought I-KORE stood for Intentionally  Keeps ORipping-off Excelsior.  :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »
Most of the Void line was destined for Warzone before Target went under.  It should come as no surprise that so much was taken over to I-Kore.  Look where they went.

Regardless, it should make for an interesting list.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »
From what I've read, when Target went under, employees grabbed what they could, seeing as how they hadn't been paid.  VOID picks up right where WZ left off.  Celtos didn't come out for a couple years later, and was actually a Rackham knock-off initially.  The miniature line was later turned into a game based on high figure sales.  The only reason I mentioned the possible connection is because the fomorians are also sea-based:
http://www.celtos.de/celtos/celtos.htm

The Dragon Rune Komodons might also work for what you have in mind Josh.
http://www.dragonrune.com/DRHome/

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »
I've seen those, but now that you mention it, I'll stat them out as well; it will be nice for people to playtest different ideas off of available models. 

Offline Jase

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 01:32:49 AM »
Well, there goes the first surprise army list I'm drawing up!!! 

Whoops  :-[

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 07:22:55 AM »
The Ceruleon mist story who thom told to me is a bit different. Ceruleon was the the Tiamat brother (the stigians god), and the elven hunt his race form century (so the dragonbane are the only legacy with the past). for the rest (the under sea chtulu style dream and other) are the some with josh story. I  don't know if the Thom idea cange in the meantime (or my poor english play a bad role...  :-[ )

Other thinghs, was the Chronopia sieges by the Stigians, infacts, we has (sice CM was annunced) an under work giant table, with Chronopia city (really impressive, 2,40 mt x 1.80 mt)

for the Ceruoleon orde, I seen thom artwork, the shock trooper are really impressive, it will be a really nice minaiture.