Author Topic: Defiler Pods  (Read 8977 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Defiler Pods
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:11:24 AM »
Horde defiler pod costs 141PC.

troops inside have no cost rating.

how are points awarded to the opponent player?
Only if the defiler pod is destroyed and all troops killed, 141Pt?
What if the defiler pod is destroyed but some troops are still alive?
What if the troops are killed but the defiler pod is not destroyed?
What if only a few troops are killed?

If the defiler pod is closer to the enemy than the troops that were inside, must the enemy target the defiler pod (targeting priority) instead of the troops?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Defiler Pods
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »
Troops inside the Pod are worth the PC list under that type of model. The pods range from 32 to 37 pts. You do not have to target the Pod if it is closer than the troops that came out of it.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:37:34 AM »
It is my opinion that the pod does not fall into the target priority, ever.  It is not a threat (has no weapons).  Would you be forced to fire at a building because it might hold troops in it?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline chribu

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 06:30:09 AM »
In that case, without tac sense, you wouldn't even be able to shoot at the pod that has just landed, if there are other enemy units in sight, even far away..

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:36:49 AM »
The pods are a priority target when they 1st land because it is treated as a troop transport and if destroyed troops must make saves, also some pods have special abilities, but when troops deploy the pod is not a priority.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »
It is my opinion that the pod does not fall into the target priority, ever. It is not a threat (has no weapons). Would you be forced to fire at a building because it might hold troops in it?

I dont have a rulebook in front of me so I can be off on this.
Treat it as another deep strike/paradeploy model in the game.
all trageting rules in effect.
the reason: the pods have a complete stat line, is a troop carrier, has offensive ablities and cost army points to buy.  There is no reason not to treat it as any other model.
I think its a vehicle (need to double check that) so rules for using a vehicle as cover would apply.   
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
the pod itself canīt do anything and is very tough. to shoot at a fallen demon-ball from hell if troops are closing in.. -> i opt for a choise, perhaps not if troops are inside, but later definitively..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 08:52:27 AM »
I'll reiterate.  If pod has just landed and has not disgorged troops, then it is subject to targeting priority.  Once the troops have disgorged, it is no longer a priority, as its mission has been fulfilled.  To have to fire at it would make as much sense as firing at a horse whose rider has dismounted and is slicing his way through your ranks.

The pod (that has already emptied) can be targeted if nothing else is in line of sight.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline chribu

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »
any faq-team answer on this?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »
chribu  dmcgee1 is a member of the FAQ's Team.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline chribu

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »
yes but he expressed his personal though on the matter, I would have wished for at least another faq team member confirming it, as I must give a semi-official feedback to all the players in the italian warzone community.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
If you look at my post you'll see it's the same as dmcgee1's. Unless someone else states differently that is as offical as it's going to get.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline chribu

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
sorry, hadn't noticed that dmcgee had changed statement from the first post, so thought there still were conflicting answers
It is my opinion that the pod does not fall into the target priority, ever.

Updated wiki
thanks

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 05:55:24 AM »
I do not think that my answer changed.  I may have slarified it.  However, I am in now ay insulted or otherwise disappointed if my opinion is questioned, or overruled.

chribu, I am a FAQ team member of the lowest rank, therefore, if someone from the FAQ team says different, please, feel free to seek a second (third, etc.) opinion.  I freely admit that I have been wrong, before, and guys like Dragon62 are very knowledgeable about the game.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »
I think you guys need to have a pronouncement, like Pharoh!

FAQ Team:  So sayeth the FAQ team!
Players:  So sayeth we all!

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!