Author Topic: New player need advice  (Read 4735 times)

Offline mwda

• Mini Pic
New player need advice
« on: October 06, 2005, 02:06:31 AM »
Howdy

Lets me introduce myself.
I owned some Chronopia figures and play this game last year.

I want to play Warzone.
Before buying the rulebook, I have a couple of questions.
It seems that there are many factions in Warzone.
Are they future version of Chronopia?
Can someone briefly introduce them?
Very appreciate if include their pros and cons.

I think the delux box set is very good for a new player.
But with 40 figures of the same type, do you think they are too much?
I asked this because I saw a post said that in a 1000pts game. Its around 25~30 figures or so.

Thanks in advance!

Offline wokrze

Re: New player need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 04:48:16 AM »
Are they future version of Chronopia?
Rather not though some similarities can be found (Devout vs Dark Legion :) ). World of Warzone is closer to dark future sccenario for our times:
Humanity, after polluting Earth, spreads over Solar System. Governments are repleaced by giant megacorporations who fight over living space and resources. In the middle of Corporate Wars new threat arises - human greed aweakens Dark Apostoles and their legions. But there is still hope as long as Brotherhood's light protects us.

Can someone briefly introduce them?
Very appreciate if include their pros and cons.
Five megacorporations:
- Capitol - N American descendants - quite good choice of infantry (ranged combat) and excellent vehicles
- Bauhaus - XIX century continental Europe (Prussia, Russia, Austro-Hungary etc.) - heavy firepower in infantry units
- Imperial - old Britan (of imperial times) - very good special forces (s.c. elites) + Scotish Highlanders :) (here called the Wolfpack)
- Mishima - ancient Japanese traditions - good close combat skills and walkers units (robots in manga style :) )
- Cybertronic - pure essence of cyberpunk - all round mix of units (but IMHO closer to close combat)

Others:
- Cartel - something like UN for megacorprations :) - one of best basic infantry units (s.c. grunts) + famous Doom Troopers squads
- Brotherhood - crossing of Holy Inquisition & crusaders - nice elite units and individuals (have "magic" called the Art)
- Tribes of Earth - remnants of humanity on polluted Earth (4 different tribes) - various units (quite effective though their equipment is generaly inferior to other factions; good calvalry units)
- Dark Legion - minions of 5 Dark Apostoles (each of them has its field of expertise) - total mix of units (IMHO rather medium distance and close combat; uniqe gigantic units) plus a lot of different "spells" (Dark Symetry)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 04:53:10 AM by wokrze »

Offline mwda

• Mini Pic
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:46:02 AM »
Thanks wokrze!
Very informative and useful! :P

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 08:07:08 AM »
The Deluxe Boxed set will give you a solid start to two armies.  Imperial and Bauhaus.  The box set is all grunt squads, so as you start to build on this you will want to pick up an elite squad or two, and probably a support option.  This will let you build a more versitile and stronger force, but you certainly can get started with the boxed set.

Offline Freak2

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 02:19:35 AM »
Might be better to actually get the rulebook on its own, a couple of my friends decided to do this because they couldn't decide which faction they wanted to play, each army is VERY different in how it handles so although the starter box is attractive, you might not end up using all those figures because you could decide on one of the other groups.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 05:29:15 AM »
The box set comes with the rulebook and if you choose a faction that is not represented by the plastics in the box set there is always e-bay. Converters and proxy fiends are always looking for a few more plastics
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890