Author Topic: Alternative Game?  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Glenn M

Alternative Game?
« on: February 18, 2007, 03:28:47 PM »
I have a question for you, since Chronopia is currently dead (by which I mean not supported) how interested are you in an alternative game system which would be compatible with Chronopia miniatures.  It would also hold the same spirit as Chronopia and hopefully repair any issues the game had with balance.  Also could be expanded to incorparate new units and armies very easily.
Would this be of interest to you?
If so, please let me know.  I have developed a game rules system over the past 2 years that has come far, you may freely build your own armies and such with it, so it would be very easy to add Chronopia styled special abilities and such to the engine, however I simply don't have the time to truely finish the game off, and am considering making a Wiki with the rules so you can view them and try them out, the main pages will only be editable by me or others approved by me, however I would also include subpages which contain variants of those rules so that people can make other suggestions that may be more appealing.

Anyways, let me know what you think. 

Later,
Glenn

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Alternative Game?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »
Nothing personal Glen but I'll have to pass. I played several systems before finding Warzone and Chronopia. None of them ever appealed to me the way these two games have. I made a decision to stay on these forums and support the games out of a love for them. Thom did a damn good job and I'm content to play the game as written and spend my time working with others here to keep the game alive - at least within our community. I think I'll be here until someone turns out the lights. Good luck to you though - I hope you get published if that is your goal.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
on the german page (chronopia-deutschland.de) they develp an open rule system based upon chronpia.

the moderator (coki) speakes english too.

the german system focus on the free self-creating of units, i think..

go in touch, perhals you can merge things..

cu

aldrien
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:53:07 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
Topkick, that's why I asked, I am curious as to the interest level.  The engine was originally written for my campaign world, but then I realized expansion into custom unit creation wouldn't be very hard with a bit of effort, so that is where I am now, I just thought the Chronopia community may benefit from the engine as well, and since I get along with most here, they would be a boon for making my engine stable.
Also, if I develop through the Wiki, I will most likely not sell the engine, but go along a more d20 system set up, the rules are actually free, but the campaign modules are purchased.  So my campaign that it was originally for would be sold as a seperate book.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 05:52:56 PM »
Sounds like a sound plan and I hope you get  a good response from some of the others here - I'm just too old, too tired and too busy with work and geting ready for the upcoming Con season to help.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »
Yeah, help would be good, I am simply too taxed to make sure everything is perfect right now, School, Work, and Family sap a lot of time up.

EDIT: I decided to go with a private Wiki for now, I may change this and open it in the future, it will depend on teh feedback from those who would look to look and help out, I am only allowed so many people to work on it at a time due to restrictions with the Wiki Host I chose, so if you do want to help, please PM or email me, and I'll get you set up.  Anyways, what I have SHOULD be playable unless I missed some things, I recently lost a few months of work, and while I think I recovered it all, I may be mistaken.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:52:00 PM by Glenn M »

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:53:09 AM »
link?

thx
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 06:35:48 AM »
http://lostearth.wikidot.com/

I'll leave the Wiki public for a little while, then will mark it to private once I get some help.  Some stuff may be hard to read until I get a chance to clean it up, it was simply copied from the file, so all the bold indentations and such are gone.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
The makers of No Limits have a game called No Quarter which is a DIY fantasy game.  Also, I tend to wonder if the Italians who are making the Lost Realms figs are doing one up (you title is similar so it made me wonder). 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 04:38:16 AM »
Lost Earth was relative to the idea that my games were originally to be played out as alternative timelines and situations to real Earth, my first game was to be called Lost Earth Pangaea.  With it taking place on Pangaea, all the races would be similar to real Earth cultures, just a more simplified and idealized form.  Note this world will still be made in the future, it is just not going to be the first game, which will most likely be called Lost Earth Nations.  I would also be happy to team up with Cyclops Forge if he likes my game engine as well.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:45:53 AM »
Sounds similar to the RPG's Fringeworthy and Time and Time Again

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
on the german page (chronopia.de) they develp an open rule system based upon chronpia.

the moderator (coki) speakes english too.

the german system focus on the free self-creating of units, i think..

go in touch, perhals you can merge things..

cu

aldrien

Hello Aldrien ;)

The link is is chronopia-deutschland.de, not chronopia.de (this owned the leader from web.de :( ) ;) .

@Project
Yes, we are maked an construction rules system for armys and units. But it is very wip.

greetings,

Coki

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »
Hate to say it Coki, but you will have a hard time making it work.  I know that they did not use a points system to make the Chronopia stats in the first place, so breaking tit down will be rather hard.  No matter what the official models will never all fit into your mold.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »
its independent, a stand alone construction system, not a simulation of the chronopia "rubic"

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »
The point system i developed for Chronopia Deutschland is in its beta phase. Its working well, seeing that there is no general formula for the existing units (most Units come out +/- 2 points when processed with it). So in the long run we 'll be able to create some balanced custom army's to extend the game experience  :).
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest