Author Topic: Clean four months now  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Clean four months now
« on: February 16, 2007, 06:46:51 AM »
Have not bought a White Dwarf in four months.  While I regret the loss in profits to my FLGS, it is clear that they have not produced anything worth purchasing since long before.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Clean four months now
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:50:22 AM »
Used to get some good terrain and scenario ideas from the White Dwarf - but that was back in the day before it became a catalog
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:08:30 AM »
I don't even mind that it serves as a catalogue, what bothers me is 1) that is all that it is and 2) 2/3rds of it is stuff that I could care less about.  It used to be a clearing house of ideas and rules and fluff and the like and now, it's just the army of the month club with terrain you have seen for six issues or can see on Black Gobbo on line. :P
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »
I flip through it occasionally at the news agent then put it back. The Oz magazine is pretty much a picture book now.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."