Author Topic: Winter Harvest...  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Winter Harvest...
« on: February 19, 2007, 07:05:08 PM »
...of apathy. :(

I am slogging, and I mean slogging, through my last major apostle work.  For some reason, the Dark Mistress of the Void is just not inspiring me.  I mean I wasn't really looking forward to those 40+ Imperial Regulars I have hanging over my head, but for some reason I'm not really motivated about the whitch apostle.  Any Illian fans out there with some motivation to throw my way?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Winter Harvest...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:40:58 PM »
...of apathy. :(

I am slogging, and I mean slogging, through my last major apostle work.  For some reason, the Dark Mistress of the Void is just not inspiring me.  I mean I wasn't really looking forward to those 40+ Imperial Regulars I have hanging over my head, but for some reason I'm not really motivated about the whitch apostle.  Any Illian fans out there with some motivation to throw my way?

Yeah...

Think Kabuki Man and the Void Troopers (lots of blues and purples) or go with a Star Wars theme (templars in White armor and Wheeled Templars in Red Armor.  Skin tone is on you.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:06:43 AM »
hey, that is a genious idea!

i have some in purple, but white/red sounds good! esp. if ypu can manage a gloss (?) surface.

and the children alone should be a motivation... white shrunken faces with a mad smile at the ankles of a giant MHmg...

@army: are children really any good? they cost quite a lot.. and you need HUGE amounts to make their group/swarm attack work -> normally just "cheap" canonfodder..
templer deadshot sounds like combo, but then they use  S10 AR and flamers........
(at least karak is unscrupulous ;D)
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 05:29:13 AM »
do something way different from the norm. I do this if I'm bored with painting.
ex: red skin, white armor, star patterns etc. etc.

one of my favorvite color schemes is black/blue highlights, orange trim, green/lime green highlights for detail, some browns.
very halloween looking depending on the model makes for a easy paint job but looks kool.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:48:14 PM »
Illian:  So Veez, where are my hordes?
Veez:  By hoards I assume you mean three squads, your little look-alike, the resin raider and moose-boy.  Has anyone spoken with you about your chain fetish?
I:  You forgot my lover, Karak, you worm!
V:  Yeah, he’s a “keeper” all right.  He has some nice Algeroth bling by the way.
I:  Don’t make me use the Void to motivate you!
V:  At this point lady, any motivation would help.  That and there aren’t exactly a ton of imagery to go from.
I:  And what of the glorious pictures in the second edition rulebook?
V:  Yeah.  Terrific.  Done by Bob-the-everything-in-the-entire-darn-game-should-be-blue-and-purple-guy.  Not a lot of Brass Apcocalypt pics floating around.
I:  You could try something original for a change paint jockey.  At least you internet friends have some original ideas!
V: Hey, I went out of the box on those Children!
I:  Painted like greys with big heads and dark eyes.  I’m not impressed. Perhaps if you would have spent more than five minutes on them.
V:  I have techniques!  I now how to paint on a consistent average standard.
I:  Cough-slop job-Cough
V:  Fine you psycho hose-beast.  I’ll get to them after I hang the laundry.  Guess which one I’m more excited about.
I:  Just make sure the Maculator looks good.
V:  Don’t worry, the jolly green giant monkey boy will get all the acrylic love he rates.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:00:14 PM »
Veez the medication should kick in sometime tomorrow. Just stay calm and don't operate any heavy equipment
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 01:38:16 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
Illian:  Where are my figures, er minions worm!
Veez:  Yeah, about that-sorry it's taken so long.  Had a couple of 5 a.m. show times and fourteen hour days-you know how that gets.  I really wanted them done this week so here they are:

I:  The Templars and Children turned out rather pedestrian.
V:  Not a whole lot of inspiration there but I think they fit the overall theme and color scheme of the army.
I:  And the Brass Apocalypts?
V:  What can I say, they're Brass, they're Apocalyptic...
I:  Hmm, well I do like the blue background, it really brings out the color.
V:  Yeah, just a piece of blue posterboard on some foam core.  Pretty inexpensive and easy to put together in the end.
I:  I see VanDread has his pet.
V:  Yeah, not too pleased with how junior there came out.  Maybe a redo some day but for now...
I:  Salandara and Karak really make a nice couple.
V:  Yes, they look especially picturesque there together.  You should consider more pictures of them as a couple for promotioal work.  They really express the softer side of the Misstress of Dark Symmetry.  That and you really need to talk to him about those Algeroth symbols.
I:  Very well, it is a legal core army, three individuals, an elite squad, two grunt squads, one support-whataminute!
V:  Oh cr@p!
I:  WHERE IS MY MERCURIAN MACULATOR!!??
V:  Yeah, about that.  I had to do some extra work with him-somewhere along the line he lost an ear and I had to rebuild it and then the arms didn't line up with the weapon so there was some cutting and putty work.  Plus I really wanted to get these pics out by today to enhance my resume.  I'll uh, he's primed and I'll have him out in a couple of days, work permitting of course.
I:  Of course.  So what is next?
V:  Well once I have your dark symmetric monkey off my back, I'll do up the blight commado conversions I finally have all the parts for, do up a last couple of Algeroth pieces, maybe knock out Surveiler II, then trades pending, finish off Semai.
I:  And when will you stop have imaginary conversations with Dark Apostles and pick back up with Winter Harvest?
V:  That ties into a pending trade with Topkick.  Let's just say someone starts asking questions about where VeezCon gets the source material for its refurbished products.  Plus, don't count Nelson out yet.
I:  Very well, go to bed.  And try not to delete the text of this post again.
V:  Yes ma'am.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 01:51:31 AM »
Very nice work Veez.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 06:19:52 AM »
I think they look great.  Wish I was able to paint like that. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 06:26:05 AM »
I like the fact you go with your own color scheme.
Most illian I see is done blues and purples.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
Blue is dedicated to Semai in my pantheon of colors. 
I would have used a deeper purble (this is a cranberry) but I just plain don't have one.  Karak and Salandra were as shown so not much imagination there.  I did like hunter-boy though.   Not a fan of the graphic of him and there is no "codex" paint job for him so I had some freedom.